• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IEM cable stowage

hoverdonkey

Having recently found myself in possession of yet another pair of new IEMs (ASR's fault, yet again), I find myself returning to the question of how to stow them quicky, neatly & safely (with dongle). Yet again.

All good suggestions welcome please!

My best solution yet is this super cheap thingy...

PXL_20220922_165256145.jpg

It's quick, light, can stay on the cable during use... but the plastic is very hard and I worry about pushing the cables through the slots, so it's got to go.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
3 D Printing is your friend. You can whip up all kinds in different color and softness. Nice.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
OP
H

hoverdonkey

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Blimey, you've got it covered there!

Ha, yeah I like to be organised and have everything at hand.

Living with severe mobility issues (spms) means I’m often quite immobile and as such I’ve attempted to have everything easily accessible so I’m not stuck in one place without that one item that is sitting in the next room or even out of reach - it’s bloody annoying to finally get into a position that is bearable comfort wise only to realise that you have left one cable/gizmo/iem/headphone out of reach.

OP
H

hoverdonkey

Reporting back with a very simple solution that works for me: a specs pouch that was previously unoccupied.

PXL_20220925_105638471.jpg

The pouch is easy to open with one hand and stops the cable from moving, thus tangling. No hard edges, no tight radii. Quick to stow: Wrap cable around two fingers and drop it all in the pouch. Quick to deploy: just pull it all out by the dongle.

Thanks all for your tips!

Top Bottom