• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

Robert C

These arrived yesterday. Tried them out at home and they seemed fine although the cable loop going round the ear is a bit of a faff.

Thought I'd gotten the correct seal, but when I took them on my commute this morning there was very little isolation from the outsight world. Also, just walking around made them gradually edge their way out of my ears. Need to work on the seal I think.

The cable is very quiet, which is good! Hope this isn't a case of good sound but a pain to use. Don't have the patience for that!

Dennis_FL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I haven't unboxed yet, but I intend to use them in my upcoming room equalization and to complement the new Roon ARC.

F1308

Major Contributor
For all the impulsive buyers who still want to save some money, there is the 7Hz Salnotes Zero (incidentially), costs about $25 and is almost as close to Harman as the Truthear. It has more subbass, but a bit more "smear" in the upper bass/ lower mids. I can recommend it.
As you know I ordered a pair following your post.

While I wait till 29 September-19 October for the TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM to arrive as per the window provided by the seller, the 7Hz have arrived and they are great.

I have Roland Fantom 8 + Topping PA-5 + Mythos ST competing with Fantom 8 + Zero 7Hz and after testing quickly to post here for some ten minutes they are pretty close 99% of the time...

Tested just with the yellow plugs (smallest hole available) with my own made music , Fantom master volume usually left set at 12 must be moved back to 10 for the same loudness.

Pipe organs are huge, majestic.

Everything detailed, nothing left behind.

I can tell whether the taikos were made with lamb or camel...Astounding.

The only issue, so to speak, is when thunder arrives...those lows doesn't match PA-5+Mythos ST...:cool:

So a great performer and a must have.

Waiting for the other tuning fork...:):):):)

Thanks once more, Garrincha.

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Is there a crackle/static sound for anyone else at 1:40?
Yes, the whole song has some disturbing crackle and baked-in distortion. At least to my ears using my new favorite daily driver Truthear Zero’s. So, not just you.

Garrincha

As you know I ordered a pair following your post.

While I wait till 29 September-19 October for the TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM to arrive as per the window provided by the seller, the 7Hz have arrived and they are great.

I have Roland Fantom 8 + Topping PA-5 + Mythos ST competing with Fantom 8 + Zero 7Hz and after testing quickly to post here for some ten minutes they are pretty close 99% of the time...

Tested just with the yellow plugs (smallest hole available) with my own made music , Fantom master volume usually left set at 12 must be moved back to 10 for the same loudness.

Pipe organs are huge, majestic.

Everything detailed, nothing left behind.

I can tell if the taikos where made with lamb or camel...Astounding.

The only issue, so to speak, is when thunder arrives...those lows doesn't match PA-5+Mythos ST...:cool:

So a great performer and a must have.

Waiting for the other tuning fork...:):):):)

Thanks once more, Garrincha.
You are welcome, it is amazing how little money can buy today that much sound quality. There is the rumour that the "project red" from crinacle is another version of the Salnotes Zero, being almost completely Harman, let´s see.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My family of IEMs reaching to 7 now, becoming a mess

what about this as a solution for IEM stand? I think may work quite well.View attachment 232455
I found this picture of someone who used a make-up case for his/her IEM collection, looks nice.

case.jpeg

iLoveCats

After further listening my summary is these headphones deliver detail directly to your brain.
Not much for image, just all the details I can handle.
Example: I've listened to the Rolling Stones Love in Vain countless times and I heard someone walking across the stage, in the silence, at the beginning of the track for the first time.

F1308

Major Contributor
After further listening my summary is these headphones deliver detail directly to your brain.
Example: I've listened to the Rolling Stones Love in Vain countless times and I heard someone walking across the stage, in the silence, at the beginning of the track for the first time.
Listen carefully and you will realize it was a girl walking from right to left while blinking her right eye to the keyboardist...

Tom C

Major Contributor
Just relistened….it’s hard to tell…;)

Anton S

Just got mine today. They seem tonally correct on some songs. Thin on others.

I tried that song on Spotify too so I don't think it's just Youtube.
Sounds like someone got a little carried away with the flanger. Typical in pop music these days.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
My pair has arrived today. Since many of you have commented that they are "a subwoofer without the tactile feeling", I have tested them with the starting sequence from Edge of Tomorrow.

The infrasonic hum is reproduced. Very light, very subtle, but It is reproduced. These IEM's reach 20hz.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Just unpacked my new IEM’s. I hooked them up and did a quick test drive. 1st observation is they have the BASS! And that was flat no eq applied. Ran some bass heavy tracks from my special Sub-test playlist and wow. Bass is very detailed and delicate while also being clear and strong. I will give them more ear time and eq them overnight. I listen better in the dark with nothing else to distract me. Will report back and maybe make some completely disregard-able subjective observations and tales or woe and dread. Have your decoder rings at the ready for the transmission of super special secret codes. Everything works at least.

Initial impressions: Excited to play with them tonight. And it’s been a long time since I have said that! :cool:
Replying to myself to build on my initial impressions. Listened to these for 4-5 solid hours straight last night and another 4 hours this morning.

Nits: Unusually larger Diameter of stem is probably going to be a problem for folks with smaller ear-holes. I initially thought that they were going to hurt after several hours of continuous use. I was pleasantly surprised that was not the case. Time will tell on this front. I remain skeptical about this.

Provided Cable is about what you can expect at this price point. First thing I did this morning was replace with a better/higher grade thicker cable. Nothing wrong with the cable and it works fine as designed. Just feels thin and fragile and bothered me for these reasons. Maybe I am now a cable snob?

The IEM Body is thicker and has a more pronounced obtrusion from your ear socket. It sticks out further than any other IEM I own. Can be a possible problem for folks who want to use these while resting your head against a pillow or cushion on the side of your head. I got used to it but at first it was uncomfortable.

Pros: Pure clean precise Bass. These present the Best in class and beyond in Bass capabilities. Better than all my IEMs and Overear Headphones. Just different as in better, cleaner, more refined and distinct bass production. The separate bass driver with its own crossover is a major step in the right direction for more accurate sound reduction across the hearing range spectrum. Of course we already know this about Speakers so it’s no surprise that I am experiencing the same improvement with this IEM. Basically you’re sticking a Subwoofer in your ear hole. I don’t know this for certain but, the separate and larger bass driver may be why the IEMs are so thick and have such a large stem diameter. Is it worth the compromise? To my absolutely yes. YMMV.

I did apply some eq to test the edges of where distortion becomes noticeable to me. I bumped the bass with a Shelf filter @ 80 hz and down to +10 and didn’t notice any distortion. Not the faintest hint. I just wanted to explore how much EQ these guys could handle. My hearing yelled Uncle before the IEM’s did. They remained crystal clear and distortion free in all ranges of the frequency.

List of Headphones and IEM’s this new $50 dollar Zero beats hands down.
Sennheiser 650, Philips Fidelio X2HR, Klipsch Reference X6i, RBH HP-2 Beryllium, RBH EP-3, RBH EP-SP, Moondrop KXXX, Moondrop Stardust, MEE Planamic, BLON-B3, and a close call with a wireless gaming set ASTRO A-50’s but only in the bass range.

Making the Truthear Zero a must buy adventure at the $50 dollar mark. Everything @Amir said about them and more. I am listening to them right now and don’t want to stop. Echoing Amir’s words “What are you waiting for, go buy theses now!”.

All of the above is just my personal impressions. I have no bias except that which I brought to the table. We are all Bias in our own ways. Crinacle and Truthear have hit a grand slam with this new approach to IEM design and build. The only big negative is these new IEM’s have now made the rest of my collection wanting. Such is the life of living in the Rabbit Hole of chasing perfection.

TrevorLJ

You're not wrong. Was listening to "Back in the Saddle" from Aerosmith and I heard Steven Tyler yodel in the background. Not one of my absolute favorite bands but I've heard the song countless times also and I've never picked up on that before.

Landauer

You're not wrong. Was listening to "Back in the Saddle" from Aerosmith and I heard Steven Tyler yodel in the background. Not one of my absolute favorite bands but I've heard the song countless times also and I've never picked up on that before.
If you go back and check with some other IEM, would you still hear it? Maybe now you are just paying more attention/looking for details.

JanesJr1

Just got mine today. They seem tonally correct on some songs. Thin on others.

I tried that song on Spotify too so I don't think it's just Youtube.
Yes, very brief, using Moondrop Blessing 2. It's the recording.

Top Bottom