• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HifiBerry AMP60 Stereo Amplifier Review

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 55 32.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 90 53.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Tks

Major Contributor
Just an observation:

If someone feels the need to answer a post line by line with a wall of text that no-one is going to read, then they should perhaps question if that is a valid use of their time.

Perhaps they are taking the whole thing too seriously. Perhaps they are never going to reach a common understanding. Perhaps it just doesn't really matter. Perhaps it is time to let it go and move on.
I asked he take it up with me over PMs, but if he feels like I'm trying to hide, it's fine on my account if he wants to keep it public too.

Though I'm not sure why I would need to "drop it" more than him. If anything, going by what you say, it looks like he should drop it because he doesn't care enough to render a decent replies. I don't understand why it would make sense for someone who takes another person seriously enough to type as elaborate replies as I try to do, to then "drop it", instead of the person who seemingly is more interested in asking a slew of questions that can't simply be answered in a condensed form that make sense.

He asks elaborate questions that hint to something he wants to say. I explore a few avenues by answering some of them in a few various ways. In return, I get back short replies. Yet I should be the one to "drop it" and move on? I'm not writing this for others to read primarily, which is why I offered to take it over PMs.. I'm posting it here because that's what he wants. So he get what he wants, and I should be the one to drop it? Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

EDIT: And just really quickly to put things into perspective here. All I said in my first post is, I really get turned off the moment I see any modern device that cant clear CD quality SINAD. That spiraled into him going off the rails with an attitude that looked like he took an affront to my position. Which lead to him making the claim that SINAD is useless. SINAD "useless" on a website that basically put the notion of using SINAD as the primary opener to setting expectations for a devices fidelity performance..

antcollinet

Master Contributor
I asked he take it up with me over PMs, but if he feels like I'm trying to hide, it's fine on my account if he wants to keep it public too.

Though I'm not sure why I would need to "drop it" more than him. If anything, going by what you say, it looks like he should drop it because he doesn't care enough to render a decent replies. I don't understand why it would make sense for someone who takes another person seriously enough to type as elaborate replies as I try to do, to then "drop it", instead of the person who seemingly is more interested in asking a slew of questions that can't simply be answered in a condensed form that make sense.

He asks elaborate questions that hint to something he wants to say. I explore a few avenues by answering some of them in a few various ways. In return, I get back short replies. Yet I should be the one to "drop it" and move on? I'm not writing this for others to read primarily, which is why I offered to take it over PMs.. I'm posting it here because that's what he wants. So he get what he wants, and I should be the one to drop it? Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

EDIT: And just really quickly to put things into perspective here. All I said in my first post is, I really get turned off the moment I see any modern device that cant clear CD quality SINAD. That spiraled into him going off the rails with an attitude that looked like he took an affront to my position. Which lead to him making the claim that SINAD is useless. SINAD "useless" on a website that basically put the notion of using SINAD as the primary opener to setting expectations for a devices fidelity performance..
I'm not reading that wall of text either. Not interested. This absolutely should have been taken to PM: no-one else is interested in reading a personal spat, especially one expanded out to a blow by blow "you said, I said" filling a hi res screen and a half. You could have done that unilaterally. If he'd replied to that in thread, he'd have looked like a dick.

Last edited:

Tks

Major Contributor
I'm not reading that wall of text either. Not interested. This absolutely should have been taken to PM: no-one else is interested in reading a personal spat, especially one expanded out to a blow by blow "you said, I said" filling a hi res screen and a half. You could have done that unilaterally. If he'd replied to that in thread, he'd have looked like a dick.
Oh, but you will make sure to reply about how you're not going to read it. And of course pontificate further about "personal spats" which is an ignorant statement seeing as how you're not reading anything to know for sure?

And then conclude if people respond to someone's points as much as they're able, they look like dicks? Very interesting statement there.. I wonder now if this post was too long as well.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
You may be right, Infineon recommends 22uH series inductor, but it is not required. Based on this review https://quantasylum.com/blogs/news/first-look-infineon-merus-ma12070 the recommendation from Infineon is the way to go.
Infineon effectively say an inductor-less filter "might" be able to be used up to 60cm of speaker cable - IE for powered speakers. But they are talking from the point of view of EMC emissions, not anything about how this high energy content might effect the speakers themselves. Again - for powered speakers this might be acceptable because you are able to test the effect it has on the specific drivers and crossover design used.

I'd never consider it for driving general speakers - even on short cables.

Top Bottom