• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I checked the compilation date inside the zip of your previous upload, it was about 21 hours old so the re-upload helped!

Now the link is right:

1663452973964.png

makes the correct output:

1663452823207.png

ENOB is fixed too with the calibration file:

1663452892253.png

And channel and channelNumber too:
1663453329074.png

Thanks a lot! :cool:

Rantapossu

Would it be hard to change the code to open the "New variable" -line below the "Harmonics" -line and not the above of it?

1663453918414.png

It would make all your own rows to be neatly at the bottom of the list and not sandwitched between the "Harmonics" and all the rest...

And could the DC-offset from the Spectrum -view be added to "Results" -window too:

1663454193058.png

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Would it be hard to change the code to open the "New variable" -line below the "Harmonics" -line and not the above of it?

View attachment 231612
It would make all your own rows to be neatly at the bottom of the list and not sandwitched between the "Harmonics" and all the rest...

And could the DC-offset from the Spectrum -view be added to "Results" -window too:

View attachment 231614

I'll spend more time on where the new variable is added. For now, it's next to the last to allow the enter key to be processed properly. When it is on the last row, the enter key has no effect, and to me, that's really annoying :) I'll see if I can figure something out in the future.

Of course, I can add DC, but now so can you ;) Just use the {dc} variable (or dc1 or dc2).

Rantapossu

I'll spend more time on where the new variable is added. For now, it's next to the last to allow the enter key to be processed properly. When it is on the last row, the enter key has no effect, and to me, that's really annoying :) I'll see if I can figure something out in the future.

Thanks!

Please pay attention to this behaviour too:

If you have ticked only your custom variables visible...

1663469297722.png

... and you add another one, all the lines come visible without ticking them on:

1663469371538.png

Note the "ticked on" harmonics, which wasn't selected before! And your new variable (test2) isn't selected...

Of course, I can add DC, but now so can you ;) Just use the {dc} variable (or dc1 or dc2).

Ooh, a hidden feature! Does this mean, that I'll have to try to find all of them? ;)

Last edited:

Rantapossu

@pkane something have to be still done with the initialization of variables when using the single channel measurements.

There will be problems with the calculations that are meant for the two channel measurements (Like the averages etc). This is right after the restart of MT before any measurements because there is no intial values for the second channel variables:

1663508795449.png

And this is after one LEFT -> LEFT measurement, still no initial values for the second channel:

1663509182311.png

If the second channel variables were changed to zero at the startup then the error is gone but the averages would be calculated incorrectly:

1663509483599.png

Would it make sense to copy the first channel values to the second channel when using single channel measurements (But of course not mark the current measurement as a two channel measurement)?

1663509945501.png

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@pkane something have to be still done with the initialization of variables when using the single channel measurements.

There will be problems with the calculations that are meant for the two channel measurements (Like the averages etc). This is right after the restart of MT before any measurements because there is no intial values for the second channel variables:

View attachment 231735

And this is after one LEFT -> LEFT measurement, still no initial values for the second channel:

View attachment 231745

If the second channel variables were changed to zero at the startup then the error is gone but the averages would be calculated incorrectly:

View attachment 231754

Would it make sense to copy the first channel values to the second channel when using single channel measurements (But of course not mark the current measurement as a two channel measurement)?

View attachment 231755

It does look a bit ugly, but to me an error message indicating there's no value is better than using the wrong value and not saying anything. Maybe we can come up with a better way to indicate the value is missing...

Sokel

Master Contributor
Ok,I won't bother you with charts and it's a little off MT.
I played with EAPO the last days.
Installed it (for the second time),set it up nicely and I only corrected 4 freqs,all below 250Hz.
Did a measurement the whole chain and it was a mess!Specially multitone measurements (32 tones) were 10db down!
Clicking it off everything comes back to normal.
Does this makes scene?

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Ok,I won't bother you with charts and it's a little off MT.
I played with EAPO the last days.
Installed it (for the second time),set it up nicely and I only corrected 4 freqs,all below 250Hz.
Did a measurement the whole chain and it was a mess!Specially multitone measurements (32 tones) were 10db down!
Clicking it off everything comes back to normal.
Does this makes scene?
What do you mean 10db down? The level of the multitone was 10db lower than without EAPO? Any EQ can affect the overall level, but a lot depends on the engine and what EQ you apply.

Sokel

Master Contributor
What do you mean 10db down? The level of the multitone was 10db lower than without EAPO? Any EQ can affect the overall level, but a lot depends on the engine and what EQ you apply.
I mean worst SINAD and stuff.Lots of grass,elevated noise,etc.

Sokel

Master Contributor
I will never install it again in my life,I even cleaned-up registry and everything that even reminds it! :mad:

Sokel

Master Contributor
And that's the second frustration for today,the first was that the fuel regulator's sud pressure hose of my car got a hole and was hissing like @Holmz 's PA5.:(

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And that's the second frustration for today,the first was that the fuel regulator's sud pressure hose of my car got a hole and was hissing like @Holmz 's PA5.:(

Sounds like you need to get back to breaking Multitone, then! That should reduce frustration and make you happy! ;)

Holmz

Major Contributor
Sounds like you need to get back to breaking Multitone, then! That should reduce frustration and make you happy! ;)

What is multi tone hiss?
It is not pink, so maybe it is brown noise?

I left a speaker cable in front of the speaker and in the dark last night, I thought it was a brown snake.
Which are pretty dangerous…

The bastards can dump over a half cup of venom into their victim/prey.

Last edited:

Sokel

Master Contributor
I've been trying to!
But other that some hung-ups,2 freezings and some history stuff (Sokel's way) which were random I had nothing to report.:(

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What is multi tone hiss?
It is not pink, so maybe it is brown noise?

I left a speaker cable in front of the speaker and in the dark last night, I thought it was a brown snake.
Which are pretty dangerous…

The bastards can dump over a half cup of venom into their victim/prey.

Brown multitone isn't as hissy, I think. Maybe blue?

1663672522009.png

Or purple?
iu

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've been trying to!
But other that some hung-ups,2 freezings and some history stuff (Sokel's way) which were random I had nothing to report.:(
I'll work harder to mess things up for you. Can't have a master breaker getting frustrated on the job, now can we? ;)

Sokel

Master Contributor
Ok I have one but it's maybe me or the function of the sample rate.
(I measured a nice analog thing)

That's 44100 going smoothly:

44100.PNG

...but what is going on with 96000 sample rate down there???

96000.PNG

(repeatable)

Top Bottom