• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to fine tune my kef r3?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date

caught gesture

Forum Donor
For the last 40 years i have bought 000 amplifier if i dont count my car...
i want something extremely high end its called lifetime amp...
You are in a period when you can have your extremely high end amplifier at a really reasonable price. You are fortunate! Excellent measuring amplifiers with astonishingly low distortion made to play your music with no veils, just exactly how it should be. What continent are you living on? You can even buy from manufacturers local to you probably.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
------------------>>>>It is NOT a power issue. Are the link knobs twisted correctly on the speakers?
That was my first thought too. They look tight from the pics. Otherwise a yellow rim would be visible. But hell … who knows, better check twice.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

You are in a period when you can have your extremely high end amplifier at a really reasonable price. You are fortunate! Excellent measuring amplifiers with astonishingly low distortion made to play your music with no veils, just exactly how it should be. What continent are you living on? You can even buy from manufacturers local to you probably.
i am from Bulgaria i can buy from my country only in order for accountant expense...
How did you get the JVC then?

None of that answers the question. Very few amps will really last a lifetime. They all contain components that age over time, no matter the price. “Extremely high end” means exactly nothing..
Jvc was gift to me long time ago at least 15 years or more ago... okey
reference class is something very high quality which you enjoy and when its time to sale there is also some good resale value etcs....
not sure how to explain it in english,better...

I also made video how naim perform same song...

Same source same song, same mp3/flac, same cable , no dsp no bass increase nothing naim is at around 30% of his volume.

even at 30% volume naim is louder compared to almost maximum of kef r3 and jvc.. rca victor ...
i turned down the volume in the begining of the naim,i also think naim produces more details etcs at least in life listening and i put naim very close to me...
no other place to put it.

------------------>>>>It is NOT a power issue. Are the link knobs twisted correctly on the speakers?

as i mention in the past these have been checked many times if they have not been tigh it will not sound at all or it will sound only bass..
So thats not the issue i guess its the receiver since its very old.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i am from Bulgaria i can buy from my country only in order for accountant expense...

Jvc was gift to me long time ago at least 15 years or more ago... okey
reference class is something very high quality which you enjoy and when its time to sale there is also some good resale value etcs....
not sure how to explain it in english,better...

I also made video how naim perform same song...

Same source same song, same mp3/flac, same cable , no dsp no bass increase nothing naim is at around 30% of his volume.

even at 30% volume naim is louder compared to almost maximum of kef r3 and jvc.. rca victor ...
i turned down the volume in the begining of the naim,i also think naim produces more details etcs at least in life listening and i put naim very close to me...
no other place to put it.

as i mention in the past these have been checked many times if they have not been tigh it will not sound at all or it will sound only bass..
So thats not the issue i guess its the receiver since its very old.
From where do you get the input signal into the JVC? PC? How is it wired / connected?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

From where do you get the input signal into the JVC? PC? How is it wired / connected?
i already answered that question in my previous replies, but here is it again
JVC is connected to my Computer via AUX/3.5mm cable..
wired of course.
I use same connection for naim, cables for life.
and same songs etcs... and if i turn the volume i get sound from naim and less distortion etcs...
even its smaller and weight less than 1 of the speakers.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Wait! So, if you only hook up the upper terminals, and loosen the middle screws, you hear nothing? That’s not good! You should hear the coaxial playing.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
i already answered that question in my previous replies, but here is it again
JVC is connected to my Computer via AUX/3.5mm cable..
wired of course.
I use same connection for naim, cables for life.
and same songs etcs... and if i turn the volume i get sound from naim and less distortion etcs...
even its smaller and weight less than 1 of the speakers.
Sorry if I don’t memorize all your posts.

… and how is the Naim connected? Same way? Can you take pictures from the wire and the back of the JVC?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Wait! So, if you only hook up the upper terminals, and loosen the middle screws, you hear nothing? That’s not good! You should hear the coaxial playing.
if i losen the middle screws on both speakers or even in single one , i hear only bass playing or whatever is called but its extremely silent. i am not good at home audio like you.
you can call me noob.
If i tigh screws i hear all of the 3 way speakers play.

… and how is the Naim connected? Same way? Can you take pictures from the wire and the back of the JVC?

its inside the video for the jvc all the back connection cables are high end, its not wrongly connected to me it looks like faulthy bad old crappy receiver.
90s baby. i connect naim and jvc with same cable i can use only 1 item at time since i got 1 cable.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
if i losen the middle screws on both speakers or even in single one , i hear only bass playing or whatever is called but its extremely silent. i am not good at home audio like you.
you can call me noob.
That should be okay then.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

That should be okay then.
Speakers
are brand new 5 years warranty but i cant return them for a refund if thats the question.

In the video
all of the 3 way of the speakers are playing since all of the screws middle / screws are tighned up,

but i did several test and if i untight them less than 3 way of the speakers parts are playing.

Can you all please listen to the naim and compared it with the kef.
even at less volume naim is better.

caught gesture

Forum Donor
you can call me noob.

its inside the video for the jvc all the back connection cables are high end, its not wrongly connected to me it looks like faulthy bad old crappy receiver.
90s baby. i connect naim and jvc with same cable i can use only 1 item at time since i got 1 cable.
You are doing it right according to the manual. Single wire connection to lower terminals, dials turned all the way to the right (clockwise). Those speakers obviously need better amplification to compare with the Naim and it’s 6*75W DSP output. If the only variable is the receiver, then that is the problem. Try and get the speakers at least 225mm away from the wall as per the instructions in the manual.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

You are doing it right according to the manual. Single wire connection to lower terminals, dials turned all the way to the right (clockwise). Those speakers obviously need better amplification to compare with the Naim and it’s 6*75W DSP output. If the only variable is the receiver, then that is the problem.
With what amps i should go, should i go with nad c399 or nad c298 + pre amp or morantz model 30 or model 40 or something better like accuphase or ?
lifetime reference class amps only good stuff :) and available in europe if possible.

I have not touched any settings in naim,
everything comes from the factory finely tuned.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With what amps i should go, should i go with nad c399 or nad c298 + pre amp or morantz model 30 or model 40 or something better like accuphase or ?
lifetime reference class amps only good stuff :) and available in europe if possible.

I have not touched any settings in naim,
everything comes from the factory finely tuned.
As I told you many times before. Get something with room EQ. The way your R3s are placed and sound in your room and the way you seem to prefer the naim sound with its boosted treble. You won’t be happy without EQ. So as far as I can tell that only leaves the c399 but with the BluOS-D Modul so you can use Dirac.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

As I told you many times before. Get something with room EQ. The way your R3s are placed and sound in your room and the way you seem to prefer the naim sound with its boosted treble. You won’t be happy without EQ. So as far as I can tell that only leaves the c399 but with the BluOS-D Modul so you can use Dirac.
Is Dirac/ same as DSP and Room eq or not i dont know ?

c298 + pre amplifier from nad also have dirac so thats not an problem...

Is this Dirac same as dsp / or room eq or not?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Is Dirac/ same as DSP and Room eq or not i dont know ?

c298 + pre amplifier from nad also have dirac so thats not an problem...

Is this Dirac same as dsp / or room eq or not?
Yes it is the same.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Yes it is the same.
Is Dirac the best
DSP/eq in the world or there is something better please advice i need reference class not limited badwitch from dirac something extremely high end .
i have in my car pioneer with eq 31 bands or more i never use the dsp.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Above Dirac is Trinnov, but if you're using stereo only, Trinnov may not make much sense.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Above Dirac is Trinnov, but if you're using stereo only, Trinnov may not make much sense.
Great is this Trinnov russian or ?
What products include him in stereo ?

Top Bottom