• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 493 82.2%

• Total voters

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh Brother. We are advocating unsighted and controlled ABX listening all year long and now we will see an avalanche of subjective anecdotes rolling our way along with the opiniated infighting about what sounds better and or is preferred. :facepalm:

See Sean Olive. Ca 64% of listeners prefer Harman, the rest deviates. And that is with controlled tests not anecdotal storytelling.

alekksander

what can i say… this is nice, but harman is slightly too shouty to me personally and i'll skip these despite i often enjoy elevated highs… looking for some flat sounding iem to bore myself with beautiful music to death ;) i know flat iem is something many are looking for.

GaryH

Major Contributor
They look like they could be a bit muddy & dull though, as you've got that superwide excess energy from 500Hz down to 20Hz.
Yeah the MH750 are a bit muddy stock and definitely need EQ, but the MH755 stock sound surprisingly balanced - I think the slight peaks at 3 and 7 kHz counteract the thickness down low (even then I still mostly use EQ with them too though, because well, why not).

DanTheMan

Note: my experience here is in reference to over ear headphones
I'll let someone who really understands HRTFs properly in terms of head shadows answer the details of your question, but I'll probably comment that a blocked ear canal is gonna show a different frequency response than measuring at the eardrum, and I don't know if it's possible to extrapolate your blocked canal measurements to that.
blocked Ear canal won’t effect the head shadow though it will look a bit less dramatic from 1-3kHz. The whole reason I wrote that the ear canal resonance was not included in the graph is so that people would understand that I know that. You can rest assured it’s possible to extrapolate the blocked ear canal measurements to that. I understand head shadow and HRTFs well enough to understand that much. It’s just that the Harman graph looks like it was taken from a mono source and I’m wondering why that is. I’m assuming there’s a logical reason for it. I realize that the majority of IEMs are not shooting for Harman, as they have targets with a lot more midbass more than my curve shows. They almost look like they’re trying to add in the room preference curve on to mine.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I rarely listen to anything but speakers. Even my Grado headphones collect dust. But I’m buying these pronto before every member on this site buys them out. Thanks for a great find @amirm
Wait for the wave of disappointment when people get them and realise they are just decently priced IEMs with a decent amount of bass, not the actual second coming.

I say this as someone with a pair on the way- as I am interested in comparing with IEMs I already own.

RHO

Major Contributor
I say this as someone with a pair on the way- as I am interested in comparing with IEMs I already own.
Also the reason I ordered them.

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Wait for the wave of disappointment when people get them and realise they are just decently priced IEMs with a decent amount of bass, not the actual second coming.

I'm buying this as a $50 tuning fork so I no longer have to "imagine" what the Harman curve actually sounds like. If that results in shoulder shrugs rather than falling to my knees before the curve, either way, it only cost me $50 for the experience. A little knowledge wrapped in a little pleasure... for a little price... Carpe Diem.

Last edited:

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor

Yeah, I’m expecting earth shaking bass or Amir gets it! As in, I will be secretly sneering at Amir from a great distance! :eek:

Fregly

Oh Brother. We are advocating unsighted and controlled ABX listening all year long and now we will see an avalanche of subjective anecdotes rolling our way along with the opiniated infighting about what sounds better and or is preferred. :facepalm:

See Sean Olive. Ca 64% of listeners prefer Harman, the rest deviates. And that is with controlled tests not anecdotal storytelling.
Quantified subjective preference. Same diff. Good only as market research for design and optimal sales, and nothing to do with objective neutrality or whatever.

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Harman named after the founder Sidney Harman.
I shrugged btw. IE2019v2 sounds shrill. IEF plus bass sounds better.
OE2018 is nice though.
Thanks... I believe that "Harmon" is the Rastafarian pronunciation... lol.

RHO

Major Contributor
Harman named after the founder Sidney Harman.
I shrugged btw. IE2019v2 sounds shrill. IEF plus bass sounds better.
OE2018 is nice though.
I also expect them to have too much ear-gain for my liking. But I leave my judgement for when I actually have them here.
At least I will have a reference for what IE2019v2 should sound like to my ears.

GaryH

Major Contributor
I'm buying this as a $50 tuning fork so I no longer have to "imagine" what the Harman curve actually sounds like. If that results in shoulder shrugs rather than falling to my knees before the curve, either way, it only cost me $50 for the experience. A little knowledge wrapped in a little pleasure... for a little price... Carpe Diem.
Or you could just use these EQs for any of the current IEMs/headphones you already own to know what Harman sounds like for free...

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Just no way she can recommend something with a waifu on the box, it’s just too weird in a professional setting.

Yeah I get creeped out by the fetishisation of waifu children, theres something very odd and disturbing regarding a tubby middle aged man getting kicks from prepubescent sexualised cartoons - looking at zeos in particular.
That's weird, I bought them on a 2 week delivery, and when I look now they're still on a 2 week delivery (here in the UK like you). I see you're in Scotland, but I don't think it would be a Scottish thing, Amazon distribution network should be the same I would have thought for all UK.

Yeah very weird :confused:, not going to complain though as I’ve just had my notification from Amazon that they’ve been dispatched and will be delivered before 12 noon tmorn.

Last edited:

Somafunk

Major Contributor

Exactly my thinking as well, I want to see how they compare/compete to my 7hz timeless/Dunu vulkan and if amir’s preference for tuning aligns with my own

This is a graph of my iem’s overlaid, don’t think they’ll have quite the sub bass response of the vulkans, or the timeless.

edited to show normalisation at 450hz

52361077802_a3239c1f19_h.jpg

Last edited:

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quantified subjective preference. Same diff. Good only as market research for design and optimal sales, and nothing to do with objective neutrality or whatever.
Yes. Pretty much useless. What do I care what someone else prefers subjectively and vice versa. Won’t help me sh… for any possible purchase decision. Oh well….

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Top Bottom