• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

School bus / tiny home Speaker recommendation

Theraisin

Hey there,

I’m wondering if anyone has recommendations for speakers that are no bigger than 8 or 9 inches deep as I’m worried if it’s bigger than that, I’ll hit my head on them from my bed!

I’ve spent the last year building out my own tiny home in a school bus and have been trying to figure out what speakers to put in.

The setup: I have an 13 foot by 9 foot bedroom / living room where I have run speaker wire to have speakers on each corner of the living room (4 speakers) and 2 additional speakers up front near the drivers seat. I’ll also have a subwoofer installed somewhere. Though I don’t know which yet.

I’ve done a lot of research and after days of googling I feel more clueless than I did when I started - so I’m posting my first post here.

Thank you!!

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey there,

I’m wondering if anyone has recommendations for speakers that are no bigger than 8 or 9 inches deep as I’m worried if it’s bigger than that, I’ll hit my head on them from my bed!

I’ve spent the last year building out my own tiny home in a school bus and have been trying to figure out what speakers to put in.

The setup: I have an 13 foot by 9 foot bedroom / living room where I have run speaker wire to have speakers on each corner of the living room (4 speakers) and 2 additional speakers up front near the drivers seat. I’ll also have a subwoofer installed somewhere. Though I don’t know which yet.

I’ve done a lot of research and after days of googling I feel more clueless than I did when I started - so I’m posting my first post here.

Thank you!!
Welcome.

Could you please tell us your budget so we can make better recommendations?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
For very small spaces, the KEF LSX II may work quite well.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What with the vibration and uncontrolled humidity and temperature, I'd avoid home speakers. Some small pro audio monitor might work. But we do need to know the budget.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The JBL Control 1 comes with mounting brackets and it is tough. Not water proof but it's tough and comes with some nice mounting brackets.

What's in the box?​

• 2 Control One speakers
  • 2 rotatable wall-mount brackets (including bar wrench and backup cords)
  • Owner’s manual
z water.png

z water b.png

z water c.png

z water d.png

Top Bottom