• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

markanini

Major Contributor
Harman IE target sounds too thin to me personally, even with perfect seal. So I'll pass.

Dennis_FL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Is there an explanation somewhere why the Harman target looks the way it does?

RHO

Major Contributor
Ordered at Shenzhenaudio. Was already looking at the Moondrop Dawn 4.4mm, so adding these made the shipping cost go away. ...any excuse is good enough to buy more headphone-related stuff you don't really need. :D
The actual reason I buy these is that it will give me a good reference for what Harman IE actually sounds like. And from looking at the pictures I think these could actually fit my ears like the Blessing 2 does (I so hope this is true!).

DanielT

Major Contributor
I like to use a benchmark of -3dB at 34hz, in this case its only down -2.5 dB so, I would say that is a superficial difference for 99% of music. For ear gain region, well that is subjective as a whole but there is a compelling argument for a recession at 3-7khz actually being closer to an average objective "truth" depending on what methodology used to determine "objective" and how smoothed the approach is, especially in the occluded ear. For the HF extension, I can agree: most independent hearing aid research and even Sean Olive acknowledges the shortcomings of high frequency in his research and I believe his future research will address it with the B&K fixture. It doesn't help that is it so physiology/age dependent, and that hearing loss is not a linear phenomenon across individuals. Not to mention it is quite difficult to accurately test hearing over 10k and there are no real standards/hearing tests for these frequencies. The best we can really do at this stage is estimate.
Yep, estimate, as you say. There's no telling exactly how it differs in FR from person X to person Y with the same IEM because the ear canal creates the acoustics and ear canals don't look exactly the same from person to person.:)

But you can always EQ if you feel like it. Turn the EQ knobs until you have set the FR in the way you want the IME to sound like.:)

Last edited:

Tovarich007

Perhaps I'll try this Truthear. I'm looking for a cheap IEM to listen music with reasonably good sound on my smartphone while I'm travelling. For my more "serious" home listening, I have my faithfull Philips Fidelio X2 Hr and my even more faithfull and much more neutral Sennheiser HD 560 S that I connect to my Topping DX7s.

As you see, I'm on the budget side of audio mania and consider myself, as I already stated here and there, much more a music lover than an audiophile - especially classical and jazz, but I like rock/pop and good french "variétés" too. Consequently, it sounds to me crazy to spend 4K $ or € (approximately same value since a couple of months) on headphones, and even for as cheap as 50 bucks, I am not a compulsive buyer and I document myself a lot before buying something. I'm not the kind of guy ordering a new device simply because I read a good review on ASR or elsewere.

But, what bothers me more is the fact that Amir seems to be stuck on the Harman curve as a measure of fidelity or neutrality.
Well, with all my sympathy and respect for Amir, I desagree : H curve is only a measure of statistic preference, not a measure of fidelity to signal. And, as we all know, nowadays people, including a lot of sound professionnals, tend to prefer rather coloured V shaped sound. This is probably a consequence to listening or producing heavy compressed and bass/treble charged pop/hiphop/rock music material. As a listener of mainly classical, jazz and semi acoustic "variétés" musical genres, I don't consider Harman curve as my ideal for headphones and I don't think I appreciate the same sound curve target as Amir does.

So be it 50 or 4 000€, I'm not so impressed by these two last dithyrambic reviews. If I decide to try the Truthear Crinable Zero, I'll tell you what I think of its sound.
Maybe I'm wrong to stay doubtful toward Amir's enthousiasm , or maybe not, but I noticed that other reviewers, on Headfi, Headphones, etc. are less enthusiatic than Amir for the Truthear.

Last edited:

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't want to know. Does that makes sense? We share the same bank account actually, so there is nothing to hide here, just fun.
Fifty dollars is just a little more than a meal at McDonalds, these days. We're heading to the Gibson Garage in Nashville Saturday. Going to have a look around. I'm seriously thinking about buying a Slash Goldtop. She doesn't know about that, yet. It will be interesting if waifu says, "But... wouldn't you be happier, honestly, if you just bought the Crinicle Zero, and me a Sailor Moon outfit?"

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
Ordered! Can't lose at the price....

BALKAN_RAKIA

Guys let me show you a trick - I read the review, I liked the product, I can afford it, but I am not buying it.

MINDS BLOWN

GeekyBastard

As a Chinese company, their products are sold abroad before they're even sold in China, and there's not even any information about them in China...

LMAO, the pain!:facepalm:o_O

(Edit: After checking with ShenzhenAudio's customer representative, they won't even sell this model in China! WTH?!?!)

Last edited:

GeekyBastard

The-Price-Is-Right-at-Night-Kicks-Off-the-New.jpg

Top Bottom