• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

Sokel

Master Contributor
You are most likely using the {channelsIn} variable
And the channels out now

hg.PNG

op
gsg.PNG

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Could you explain the use case of the following variables? Are these reserved for the future program update, when the right channel results can be seen on the spectrum view instead the left channel only results that are visible now?

{channelNumber} shows always number 0 now:

View attachment 230721

and {channel} shows always text "Left" now:

View attachment 230722

Let me clarify this a little. All variables you use, like {channel} or {channelNumber} are automatically for the first measured channel. If you want values and variables for the second channel (assuming you measured two channels), you need to append number '2' to the variable name, like this: {channel2} {channelNumber2}, etc. You can use it with all variables, including {thd2}, {tdn2}, {noise2}, etc. So, yes, you can use these even now, on the title of the plot.

fireanimal

Is there any possibility of calibrating to a known voltage, so we can read out dbV, volts, watts, etc.?

Rantapossu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A couple of bugs more:

Waveform tab doesn't remember the default title, when the custom text is cleared (Spectrum, Freq Response and Lvl Sweep tabs do remember):

1663100452529.png

and the Freq sweep tab incorrectly changes the default title as your custom Level sweep tab title when you clear the custom text:

1663100761590.png

Rantapossu

I edited the last bug report just seconds ago, did you get the latest info before you clicked the like button?

"and the Freq sweep tab incorrectly changes the default title as your custom Level sweep tab title when you clear the custom text:"

Music1969

Major Contributor
Visually That looks better to use to me.

You're certain those signal frequencies are true decoherent / NID values ?

Were you comfortable with posting the algorithm used (for others to cross check) or prefer to keep it proprietary?

Either way, if you're confident the algo is correct, i will use it when you update the software! Thanks again !

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Visually That looks better to use to me.

You're certain those signal frequencies are true decoherent / NID values ?

Were you comfortable with posting the algorithm used (for others to cross check) or prefer to keep it proprietary?

Either way, if you're confident the algo is correct, i will use it when you update the software! Thanks again !

The algorithm is designed not to place any of the fundamental tones where they would:
  • Overlap any of the harmonics from any of the tones
  • Overlap any ot the even-order IMD products (2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, etc.)
  • May reduce overlap with odd order IMD products starting with 3, but will not eliminate these

Rantapossu

I was measuring using the APU:s +60 dB LNA and compensating the result with the following calibration file:

20 60 0 20000 60 0

MT seems to calculate the ENOB incorrectly when using the calibration files (The level is correctly stated, there should be 60 dB difference):

1663124305630.png

All other values seems to be on the right ballpark.

Attachments

• 1663123787237.png
    1663123787237.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 25

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Using the newest version 49 with the chart title enhancements. If I change the sample rate of the recording device, it hangs at Record....waiting. According to hardware meters it sends the signal for a few seconds and then stops. Task manager shows it using a fair amount of cpu, but it never moves on or at least not for 5 minutes or so. If I close it or end task, then reopen it works again until I change the recording device sample rate. I can change the playback device sample rate and it works fine. Oh and when it closes it does reopen with the newly selected sample rate.

Anyone else having this problem? I rebooted my machine a couple times and did not help.

Okay rolled back to the previous version of 49 prior to chart title enhancements and it acts the same way.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So I rolled all the way back to 43 and still the same problem. I know it wasn't a problem then so must be something on my end. Are there some setting files that get saved between versions that could get corrupted and cause this?

It works alright if I use WASAPI for the recording device, but not with ASIO.

Rantapossu

So I rolled all the way back to 43 and still the same problem. I know it wasn't a problem then so must be something on my end. Are there some setting files that get saved between versions that could get corrupted and cause this?

It works alright if I use WASAPI for the recording device, but not with ASIO.

All the setting are stored to the "C:\ProgramData\Multitone Analyzer\_MultitoneDefault.dw" -file.

If you stop MT and rename the file, you can have the default settings for the MT. Then rename it back and all your orinal settings are back. Don't rename it when MT is running.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
All the setting are stored to the "C:\ProgramData\Multitone Analyzer\_MultitoneDefault.dw" -file.

If you stop MT and rename the file, you can have the default settings for the MT. Then rename it back and all your orinal settings are back. Don't rename it when MT is running.
Thanks for the suggestion, but that did not help.

Rather frustrating. I've rebooted the machine, powered down all the devices and back up. If I change the recording device sample rate using ASIO you have to run it till it hangs. Close it, and then reopen where it has the new sample rate. If you select the new sample rate and close it without running, then it hangs on the first run.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Thanks for the suggestion, but that did not help.

Rather frustrating. I've rebooted the machine, powered down all the devices and back up. If I change the recording device sample rate using ASIO you have to run it till it hangs. Close it, and then reopen where it has the new sample rate. If you select the new sample rate and close it without running, then it hangs on the first run.
Did you make any changes on the ADC?Like in hardware buffer,etc?

Sokel

Master Contributor
No, I went thru and looked if any had changed on their own, and all the same. Buffer set to max.
I did hang out on me too couple of times when measuring 10K but rebooting EMU came back to normal.
I tried to replicate your problem with every sample rate both on in and out and I couldn't.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was measuring using the APU:s +60 dB LNA and compensating the result with the following calibration file:

20 60 0 20000 60 0

MT seems to calculate the ENOB incorrectly when using the calibration files (The level is correctly stated, there should be 60 dB difference):

View attachment 230806

All other values seems to be on the right ballpark.
Strange, but I'll take a look.

Sokel

Master Contributor
In one occasion when I measured triangle and was looking at the waveform the chart turned to white instead of black when measurement finished.
It doesn't count as breaking though cause I didn't succeed to redo it :(.

Top Bottom