• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sergeants, Lieutenants, Audio Militia?

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Can we please have military titles and ranks for members? This'll definitely legitimize all the claims of the sh**tposters.
Sgt. Shock, Captain Currency, Major Malfunction, Lieutenant Lossless, General SINAD... nope... don't do it. o_O

Astoneroad

Forum Donor
I once worked with a bloke who told me that he held both an official and an unofficial Star Fleet rank.

I didn't probe any further for obvious reasons.
You really missed that opportunity for a story to tell. Next time... "Engage".

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm so glad I joined ASR. I heard it was the "Bad Boys" club. After a pristine, nearly pure, innocent life I wanted to walk on the wild side. Thank you ASR for the opportunity!
We get crazy here. We use math & computers & even calculators.

Astoneroad

Forum Donor
Would be an excellent April 1st prank! Obviously only complete with a official press release declaring war on the audiophools ;)
Uniforms? I shot this thread over to Paul at PS Audio and he volunteered to be Colonel Chicken.

1662909388432.png

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Can we please have military titles and ranks for members? This'll definitely legitimize all the claims of the sh**tposters.
It's not nice to mock the insane.

But funny? Yeah, kind of.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"To all the brave men and women that have died a little arguing with ignorant audiophiles...we salute you!"

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"To all the brave men and women that have died a little arguing with ignorant audiophiles...we salute you!"
Don’t joke. The danger to health is real. Flat foreheads or head aches from Forehead slapping, balding from pulling out your own hair etc are only a few common ailments suffered by veterans.

Edit. Typo.

Last edited:
OP
J

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It doesn't seem like a well oiled military group here more a loose confederation of pirates partial to pasta.

1662920445703.png

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is quite insane really . Why does these people insist on setting up shop in this forum ( clearly not in any way reading up on what’s it’s about) and for the n’th time argue some bizarre and/or since long debunked pseudoscience ?
And then run away and cry somewhere else ? Is the mere existence of this fora so provocative to some people that they on regular basis must register and tell us all that we are wrong ? I registered here to get away from the lunatics and learn more about how audio really works and what’s important and what’s not .

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I want to know why my darn title is so low... A five star general is what I thought I was. Or a King if we are dealing with monarchy. Anything else is an insult to audio truth....

Top Bottom