• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are the best pre amp with streaming under 2000$? what ports they need to have?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

The general consensus is that the differences between the hypex modules and purify modules are probably not audible when the amps are operating within their power ratings (not clipping).

However, their are no guarantees. And of course the dealer doesn't know - the manufacturer doesn't test it. Plus it is not in their interest to tell you the lower cost amp sounds as good as the expensive one.

Oh - and a % difference in sound can only be pure subjective meaninglessness.

Can you visit the dealer and check for yourself what difference you can hear?
i cant visit the dealership because its gray , they sale only no show room, and they are into the other part of my country,
i asked them because they have 2 product in front of them but they told me we cant comment on quality ,

for me both products are cheaply made
cheap electronics cheap radiators cheap components,
rip off price
i want to see again how much will be difference hypex vs purifi is it 5%
is it 10%
is it 50%?
If difference is less than 5%
its not worth the money , the more expensive and complex set up, also what do you think of yamaha

Yamaha A-S1200​

i think thats more solid unit than nad junk yard.
from the pictures inside at least.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
i cant visit the dealership because its gray , they sale only no show room, and they are into the other part of my country,
i asked them because they have 2 product in front of them but they told me we cant comment on quality ,

for me both products are cheaply made
cheap electronics cheap radiators cheap components,
rip off price
i want to see again how much will be difference hypex vs purifi is it 5%
is it 10%
is it 50%?
If difference is less than 5%
its not worth the money , the more expensive and complex set up, also what do you think of yamaha

Yamaha A-S1200​

i think thats more solid unit than nad junk yard.
from the pictures inside at least.
There is NO WAY to assess sound difference as a percentage that would have any meaning.

Jesus - if you are not going to make the effort to decide yourself, no-one here can help you.

If you think the products are cheap rip offs why are you even discussing them.

I'm out!

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

There is NO WAY to assess sound difference as a percentage that would have any meaning.

Jesus - if you are not going to make the effort to decide yourself, no-one here can help you.

If you think the products are cheap rip offs why are you even discussing them.

I'm out!
If you compared teardown of nad units compared to Yamaha , yamaha is rock solid electronics and stuff inside nad decided to cut corners or good components...

Its really bad that sony pioneer
and other brands doesnt have reference class integrated amps anymore decent/recent models not 90s.

how good is JBL-SA750-75th-Anniversary edition?

Last edited by a moderator:

Galliardist

Major Contributor
If you compared teardown of nad units compared to Yamaha , yamaha is rock solid electronics and stuff inside nad decided to cut corners or good components...

Its really bad that sony pioneer
and other brands doesnt have reference class integrated amps anymore decent/recent models not 90s.

how good is JBL-SA750-75th-Anniversary edition?
So, do you know what are suitable and properly rated components for supporting a HYpex or Purifi class D module is, compared to the requirements for a class A or traditional AB amp like the Yamaha?

If not, you really aren't in a position to criticise.

I've owned Yamaha components in the past. They failed. The component I had that lasted the longest? A cheap (here in Australia anyway) Chinese built Consonance CD player, nearly 20 years. Now, to assume that that means Yamaha are crap and Chinese companies are the best from that anecdote would be stupid and meaningless. If you don't understand what is under the lid though, if you don't have return rates to back up claims that items are breaking, how do you know what is actually crap?

You also need to decide what is really important to you. For example, the AS-1200 doesn't come with the best remote, and there are no balanced XLR inputs (which were important to you not so long ago).

There are no independent measurements for the A-S1200 that I can find - I would want to at least know that it isn't a distortion box before adding it to a purchase shortlist, but if you have different priorities, fine.

Jaxjax

Hi i wonder, What are the best pre amp with streaming under 2000$?
Also what ports need pre amp to have in order to be connected to power amplifier ?
most of the manufactuters doesnt provide much stuff and provide old products for high price, i am looking for something good price/per quality ratio not old product for year 2010 priced at 2000$ from nad thats a robery even without any streaming options..
Please tell me what ports and options need pre amp to have so i can recognize them easily.
Just get the C658 & be done with it........

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just get the C658 & be done with it.....
Didn't we already decide that the C658 was crap as peer the review here?

Jaxjax

Didn't we already decide that the C658 was crap as peer the review here?
Believe me it is not...

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Believe me it is not...
Why do you think so opinions are polarizing some claim its crap you claim its not to who i can believe and trust regarding this unit c658?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Jaxjax

Why do you think so opinions are polarizing some claim its crap you claim its not to who i can believe and trust regarding this unit c658?
Like all audio gear..if you don't test it yourself in your room then all else means nothing. I'm no stranger to the audio game & my view is as everyone else's. If you think you will hear what is shown in the review, then don't buy it. Ive had the unit since the day it came out & 0 problems. Fantastic unit,clean with no color I can detect. I run into Core 59's & an Elysia Xfilter in chain. Digital & analog sources. If the C658 had bad behavior in sonics or function, I would have tossed it early on

Jaxjax

Well the review indicates it is.
I think Amir is cool cat & respect alot of what he does. Would I buy an expensive piece of gear without 30day tryout based on just ASR reviews or anyone's review..?
now way, now how
I would consider that stupid & not ignorant because we should all know ya personaly gotta listen to the shit to know for sure

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Like all audio gear..if you don't test it yourself in your room then all else means nothing
You have test equipment? Or are you test subjective?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I think Amir is cool cat & respect alot of what he does. Would I buy an expensive piece of gear without 30day tryout based on just ASR reviews or anyone's review..?
now way, now how
I would consider that stupid & not ignorant because we should all know ya personaly gotta listen to the shit to know for sure
In my country if i buy something no 30 day return no any return period i cant hear it in real life
i will have 2 years warranty if unit is defective i can return for warranty status claim thats all i got.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay so I concede. You believe there is 500+ in value where I don’t. Measurements don’t lie so the truth is it’s a great device subjectively. No measurements are not subjective.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Okay so I concede. You believe there is 500+ in value where I don’t. Measurements don’t lie so the truth is it’s a great device subjectively. No measurements are not subjective.
i dont believe in reviews.
i need to find a solution...
from nad ,
what other pre amps i can use with c298 with streaming any clue their support have not yet replied to me.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good luck have fun.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

i can get most brands which are available at crutchfield may be you can take a look?
Most of them are available in my country as well..

curiouspeter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
MiniDSP SHD is quite objectively the best choice.

A streaming pre-amp that does not have room correction is silly. Where would you insert DRC? Another A/D and D/A roundtrip?

There aren't that many streaming pre-amp with room correction. NAD C658 is another option.

NAD M17, Lyngdorf MP-40, Trinnov, etc are all way above the $2000 price point.

Top Bottom