• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nad m10 v2 vs Marantz model 30 vs nad c399 vs Naim Nait XS 3 which one is best?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 51459

Hi i am looking for buying brand new amp, to drive my kef r3 speakers ,

i am currently in trilemma of these 3 items,
Nad m10 v2 vs Marantz model 30 vs nad c399 which one is best.

Nad m10 v2 things i like small portable, i can stream from my phone not sure about sinad and etcs.... also not sure how long lasting will be since it will be operating at 100w all the time,

nad c399 little bit more power i need to buy the module in order to be able to stream my phone things i like more powerfull than m10 and i can stream to my phone....

marantz model 30 probably the best no hdmi no streaming nothing but i expect audio quality to better than other again not sure.... also the most expensive item,

Naim Nait XS 3 - same price 70w per channel 8ohm i think resale value should be good,

What do you think of that which one i should buy i will play music from my computer and also from my phone from time to time via apple airplay 2 i can pay for some additional box to have streaming on marantz as long as quality and resale value are both good and reliability.
These things new cost small fortune each of them around 3000 euro.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Among these products the NADs will likely be objectively superior to the Naim and Marantz models. But convenience and user friendliness should also be considered.

Bottom line: I doubt you'd hear a difference regardless.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Among these products the NADs will likely be objectively superior to the Naim and Marantz models. But convenience and user friendliness should also be considered.

So should i go with c399? or m10 v2 i am not sure if m10 will have enough power diesel power for my speakers?

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So should i go with c399? or m10 v2 i am not sure if m10 will have enough power diesel power for my speakers?
If you're concerned about power I'd pick the C399, though I suspect either will be sufficient for most use cases. But more power is always better than less.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

If you're concerned about power I'd pick the C399, though I suspect either will be sufficient for most use cases. But more power is always better than less.
Yes i dont want to upgrade my amp in the future etcs... if i change speakers...

dorakeg

Just go with the cheapest..

Btw these amps cost close to usd3000.

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

My choise of brands is limited, because again this will be written by accountant as expense.
My Favourites so far are
Arcam sa30 120w per channel class g amp at 8ohm it have even streaming apple airplay 2 cheapest,

nad c399 i think around 180w at 8ohm with bluos card apple streaming again more expensive than arcam with 1000$ and card at least or more,
nad c298 , 185w at 8ohm, but i need to buy pre amp + streamer it will be quite expensive in the end i like it because of the power and quality
and rega elicit mk 5, around 105 class ab at 8ohm, all of these brand new , again i will need streamer to get for additional price in the end it will be costly option.

gumblag

Apart from your written by accoutant as expense (are you commercially interested?) I would suggest:
Pre-Amp, DAC, Streamer €1699,=: Mini DSP SHD You'll get Dirac Live as well including the measuring mic Umik-1.
Amir's written review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...sp-shd-review-updated-dsp-dac-streamer.18681/

Power Amp €1490,=: Audiophonics HPA s400ET
Amir's written review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...w-stereo-amplifier.32014/page-13#post-1129258
Amir's review video:

Both devices are relatively small because they are flat: 1 U each. You'll have Dirac with the Mini DSP SHD so you can adjust the settings of your HiFi equipment. You can change anything you want in your HiFi system in the future as long as you keep the Mini DSP SHD so you can adjust the settings of your HiFi system.

This is a very good retailer in Europe, France to be precise, they 'll communicate very well also in English. You can buy both devices there: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/powe....html?search_query=HPA s400 ET&fast_search=fs

Tip 1: Every test in Audio Science Review does have rankings of tested devices.
Tip 2: Also, wouldn't it be better to merge all your questions about driving your KEF R3's in just one topic? You could then sum up all the brands and models you're interested, and you could describe the Hifi system you have and how they are (to be) connected just once so everybody knows what you're looking for?

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Apart from your written by accoutant as expense (are you commercially interested?) I would suggest:
Pre-Amp, DAC, Streamer €1699,=: Mini DSP SHD You'll get Dirac Live as well including the measuring mic Umik-1.
Amir's written review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...sp-shd-review-updated-dsp-dac-streamer.18681/

Power Amp €1490,=: Audiophonics HPA s400ET
Amir's written review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...w-stereo-amplifier.32014/page-13#post-1129258
Amir's review video:

Both devices are relatively small because they are flat: 1 U each. You'll have Dirac with the Mini DSP SHD so you can adjust the settings of your HiFi equipment. You can change anything you want in your HiFi system in the future as long as you keep the Mini DSP SHD so you can adjust the settings of your HiFi system.

This is a very good retailer in Europe, France to be precise, they 'll communicate very well also in English. You can buy both devices there: https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/power-amplifier/audiophonics-hpa-s400et-amplifier-class-d-stereo-purifi-2x400w-4-ohm-p-14393.html?search_query=HPA s400 ET&fast_search=fs

Tip 1: Every test in Audio Science Review does have rankings of tested devices.
Tip 2: Also, wouldn't it be better to merge all your questions about driving your KEF R3's in just one topic? You could then sum up all the brands and models you're interested, and you could describe the Hifi system you have and how they are (to be) connected just once so everybody knows what you're looking for?

I cant buy anything from Europe only from my country because these will be written from my accountant as company expenses so i am limited to whatever is offered here in my country i cant go abroad,
if i go abroad my budget will be a lot less..
thats why my budget for integrated amp is increased between 3000-3500$ at max .

Mini DSP SHD is not offered where i am.
audio phonics as well so they are out of question i can have nad, i can have arcam marantz or some other brand,

So i preffer to be able to buy some popular brand with wide availability and wide service option ,
if its outside my country item cant be written as company expense i can also order on customer request
ACCUPHASE
accuphase. E280

samysound

Nad m10 v2 things i like small portable, i can stream from my phone not sure about sinad and etcs.... also not sure how long lasting will be since it will be operating at 100w all the time,

nad c399 little bit more power i need to buy the module in order to be able to stream my phone things i like more powerfull than m10 and i can stream to my phone....

marantz model 30 probably the best no hdmi no streaming nothing but i expect audio quality to better than other again not sure.... also the most expensive item,

Naim Nait XS 3 - same price 70w per channel 8ohm i think resale value should be good,

What do you think of that which one i should buy i will play music from my computer and also from my phone from time to time via apple airplay 2 i can pay for some additional box to have streaming on marantz as long as quality and resale value are both good and reliability.
I owned a M10V1 briefly. Ended up returning it because the subwoofer pre-outs had an issue with output voltage. There were also some bugs with software related to waking from sleep mode. Ive also read of a lot of issues with software issues related to arcam AVRs.

Can you get lyngdorf where you are? In my experience that is the more reliable/stable option out of the list you have.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I owned a M10V1 briefly. Ended up returning it because the subwoofer pre-outs had an issue with output voltage. There were also some bugs with software related to waking from sleep mode. Ive also read of a lot of issues with software issues related to arcam AVRs.

Can you get lyngdorf where you are? In my experience that is the more reliable/stable option out of the list you have.
Lyngdort is where expensive where i am it cost more than 5000$
i will not buy m10 its a junk how about my other options from nad , accuphase etcs? rega?

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You really have to decide what features are deal-breakers and you must have. For example is HDMI a "must-have" or not? All the products you mention are probably pretty good. You could probably even add the NAD C388 to your list too. Plenty of power and the same upgrade flexibility as the C399 you are considering.

I agree with this post if that helps you.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

You really have to decide what features are deal-breakers and you must have. For example is HDMI a "must-have" or not? All the products you mention are probably pretty good. You could probably even add the NAD C388 to your list too. Plenty of power and the same upgrade flexibility as the C399 you are considering.

I agree with this post if that helps you.
I really doesnt care much about hdmi but i like Airplay 2 so i can be able to listen music from time to time from my phone.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I really doesnt care much about hdmi but i like Airplay 2 so i can be able to listen music from time to time from my phone.
The c399 has a very impressive feature set and would most likely be "my" choice of ones you discussed. I would say consider the c388 I mentioned earlier if you knew that you weren't going to use the HDMI. Although you can buy an upgrade module for the c388 that would add HDMI, but it would make it pretty much the same cost as the c399. You lose the pretty screen on the M10, but I like the extra wattage the C-series NAD would give. Not a big fan of the Marantz you mention due to the reasons you highlighted in your initial post. Same thing with the Naim and Arcam - too few features for the price IMO.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

The c399 has a very impressive feature set and would most likely be "my" choice of ones you discussed. I would say consider the c388 I mentioned earlier if you knew that you weren't going to use the HDMI. Although you can buy an upgrade module for the c388 that would add HDMI, but it would make it pretty much the same cost as the c399. You lose the pretty screen on the M10, but I like the extra wattage the C-series NAD would give. Not a big fan of the Marantz you mention due to the reasons you highlighted in your initial post. Same thing with the Naim and Arcam - too few features for the price IMO.
Arcam sa30 have apple airplay
class g amp at 120w per channel so its the cheapest possible option from everything,
C388 is older product and less watage i am also not sure if i can add blue os module with dirac,
since its older product i think its based on their old modular arhitecture.

C388 is old product and price wise from the bg dealers is 200$ less than newer and more powerfull c399 so it makes no sense for me
missing dirac missing new modules option etcs..

rlwings

I want to say get the Marantz Model 30 (I own 2 of them, lol) for best sound quality. The Model 30 acts like sperates in a single box utilizing dual power supplies, very well-done class D amplification which produces unprecedented power and control control over any speakers, as well as Marantzs' 'magic HDAM tuning' just sounds right and transparent/3D as hell!.... HOWEVER, I also use Dirac room correction via Windows and I must say that Dirac does more for the sound quality in a room than any subtle differences found between quality amplifiers.... So If you can swing it, I'd always defer to any quality system that includes Dirac (and microphone, apparently), first over any particular amplifier... But again, the Marantz Model 30 is a truly amazing piece. (Especially with Dirac in the pipeline).... But I do agree with others here that you really need to proitize your feature needs first. ie, the Marantz comes with a highly regarded phono preamp. Do care about playing vinyl? Etc...

Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I want to say get the Marantz Model 30 (I own 2 of them, lol) for best sound quality. The Model 30 acts like sperates in a single box utilizing dual power supplies, very well-done class D amplification which produces unprecedented power and control control over any speakers, as well as Marantzs' 'magic HDAM tuning' just sounds right and transparent/3D as hell!.... HOWEVER, I also use Dirac room correction via Windows and I must say that Dirac does more for the sound in a room than any subtle differences between quality amplifiers.... So If you can swing it, I'd always defer to any system that includes Dirac (and microphone, apparently), first over any particular amplifier... But again, the Marantz Model 30 is a truly amazing piece. (Especially with Dirac in the pipeline).
hello marantz model 30 is fine amp but its underpowered
its 100w per 8 ohm per channel, it lacks streaming, its same price as NAD M33 in my country,
nad m33 more powerfull, and + streaming.
185w per channel purifi,power.
nad m33 have dirac as well..

rlwings

I want to say get the Marantz Model 30 (I own 2 of them, lol) for best sound quality. The Model 30 acts like sperates in a single box utilizing dual power supplies, very well-done class D amplification which produces unprecedented power and control control over any speakers, as well as Marantzs' 'magic HDAM tuning' just sounds right and transparent/3D as hell!.... HOWEVER, I also use Dirac room correction via Windows and I must say that Dirac does more for the sound in a room than any subtle differences between quality amplifiers.... So If you can swing it, I'd always defer to any system that includes Dirac (and microphone, apparently), first over any particular amplifier... But again, the Marantz Model 30 is a truly amazing piece. (Especially with Dirac in the pipeline).

hello marantz model 30 is fine amp but its underpowered
its 100w per 8 ohm per channel, it lacks streaming, its same price as NAD M33 in my country,
nad m33 more powerfull, and + streaming.
185w per channel purifi,power.
nad m33 have dirac as well..
That's true, but the Marantz is highly underrated in it's published specs... It has been tested to output approx 180W into 8 ohms and 265W into 4 ohms- Don't be fooled, it's a true powerhouse utilizing Hypex modules partially desingned by Marantz for impedance control. It will drive any speaker you can throw at it. Power will never be an issue with this model... HDMI however might be an issue. Although easy enough to add modules.... Anyway, good luck on your quest. And remember to enjoy the music! :)

Top Bottom