• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

DonR

Major Contributor
Don't worry. If you saw a pic of me you would be horrified. I am the quintessential American. Hugely Obese, Diabetic, old retired guy, blading like crazy and couldn't get laid in whorehouse with $100 bills hanging out of my pockets. It is best that I remain unseen for everyone's mental health!
Until now I never believed in Dopplegenger's.

irontortoise

Don't worry. If you saw a pic of me you would be horrified. I am the quintessential American. Hugely Obese, Diabetic, old retired guy, blading like crazy and couldn't get laid in whorehouse with $100 bills hanging out of my pockets. It is best that I remain unseen for everyone's mental health!
Unlike you, I have a photograph of myself as my profile pic. I am not going to provide any scientific proof that is me, but let me tell you my fantastical story. It all began when my direct ancestor, Julius Caesar...

:p

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have some of their old HP equipment with the hp logo in my home lab. Works like a charm.
I've had some HP pieces too and they worked wonderfully even if older than I. One was a lovely oscillator with balanced/differential and single ended outputs and it took a hit that was guessed to be lightning and it needed a capacitor and it worked great after too. Between Tektronix and HP I'm not sure sure what I like more. They both had some great models and where a pleasure to operate and calibrate stuff with.

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
By the way, I really was at Shangri-La the other day. Rick Rubin's studio. I agreed not to post some of the pictures, but this one is fine. It used to be Bob Dylan's tour bus, now rebuilt as a small recording studio. It is pretty cool.
1662482133035.jpeg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
By the way, I really was at Shangri-La the other day. Rick Rubin's studio. I agreed not to post some of the pictures, but this one is fine. It used to be Bob Dylan's tour bus, now rebuilt as a small recording studio. It is pretty cool.
View attachment 229128
Wowowow... things have come a long way since Bob's tour bus was state of the art.
Hemphill%20celebrity%20bus.jpg

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The equipment you see on the right was just used by Neil Young when he was recording there. This is inside of the bus. Through the door is where the engineer sits with the "deck".

1662482406043.jpeg

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
The equipment you see on the right was just used by Neil Young when he was recording there. This is inside of the bus. Through the door is where the engineer sits with the "deck".

View attachment 229129
What the heck? Recording in a tiny little bus area like that? Just doesn't seem right. A fancy full on SOTA recording studio would seem better. But then I have never recorded anything!

DonR

Major Contributor
SeagoatLeo. I live in Westchester County, NY, and even here I don't regularly encounter people as ostentatious as he!
Unfortunately, I think we were beneath his dignity. Any further interaction with us would surely have started degrading his most illustrious reputation amongst the great and the good.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately, I think we were beneath his dignity. Any further interaction with us would surely have started degrading his most illustrious reputation amongst the great and the good.
I hope he enjoys his audiophile tweaks, catered meals, and underground power in his gated community!

(Has anyone ever actually bragged about having underground power lines feeding his home? This must be a first.)

Top Bottom