• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
What is the current wait time on one of these 1ET400A 3CH amps? Would a 5CH be an option (or even fit) in the Rack Mount case?
I am about 9-10wks lead time.

No options past 3ch at this point

bkdc

Forum Donor
The 1ET400a CAN handle 2 ohm loads. Output is purely thermally limited. The 1ET7040SA has beefed up thermals (and hopefully cooling) to improve performance when driven at 2 ohms. But I suspect the biggest issue (not for transient crazy loads) for sustained output is the ability of the chassis to cool the board. I’d be willing to pay significantly more for a completely different case/chassis with greater mass (larger heat sink) and large fins.

Meanpeak

Not sure if I would say "better", perhaps "more appropriate to their capabilities". Disappointing that Purifi keeps turning out drivers and amps but has yet to deliver on the promised smps for their amps.
Better?

Yes Micro audio is better, I had a Hypex supply died after 2 months of use, and Hypex refused to fix it and asked me to return it. I turned that down and dropped it into the trash.
I heared many stories about Micro audio technical support, they even send you free unit if you are under warranty and you just pay shipping.

I bought one SMPS from them in replacement for the Hypex, its a top notch quality product.

goryu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Better?

Yes Micro audio is better, I had a Hypex supply died after 2 months of use, and Hypex refused to fix it and asked me to return it. I turned that down and dropped it into the trash.
I heared many stories about Micro audio technical support, they even send you free unit if you are under warranty and you just pay shipping.

I bought one SMPS from them in replacement for the Hypex, its a top notch quality product.
Your opinion. Plenty of happy Hypex customers. Sorry you had a bad experience.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I'm going to steer this back on topic:

I've updated my power ratings to reflect the slightly underpowered SMPS1200a400 being used. At the very least I will always try to be honest and transparent to my customers.

That being said, it should be reiterated that 750w vs 950w is splitting hairs in real world usage. I'm happy the mistake was pointed out so i could fix it. But I also wouldn't stress too much as a consumer (whether my amps or competitors).

thegeton

Forum Donor
Just received my Buckeye Amps Purifi 1ET400A 2 Channel amp and got it set up in the intended system. I was using another Buckeye (NC252MP) as a place holder until the Purifi version arrived. Needless to say it sounds transparent just like the NC252MP, and I love it.

However, it will allow that system to stay clean and get much louder than the NC252MP. Much louder. :cool:

Bluesound Node 2i -> Topping D70s -> Schiit Freya S -> Buckeye Amps Purifi 1ET400A -> Revel M16 + Emotiva SE12

Thanks @Buckeye Amps !!!

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We have a similar chain. Am waiting for my 3 ch Buckeye Purifi but it will be used for HT only. I have a VTV Purifi in the 2 ch system which is Node 2i>D90 SE>Freya+>VTV>F208s.

thegeton

Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps - quick question: the Purifi QSG section on Auto Sense states that "Auto sense circuit uses Channel 3 for operation." What channel is used for a 2 channel amp?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Buckeye Amps - quick question: the Purifi QSG section on Auto Sense states that "Auto sense circuit uses Channel 3 for operation." What channel is used for a 2 channel amp?
Channel 2 (closest to the IEC power socket)

When I do my next batch of cases I'll fix the numbering so channel 1 is always closest to the IEC socket on all versions

thegeton

Forum Donor
Excellent build quality.

20220901_150315.jpg

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
I am halfway through August backorders. Flying through backorders (got 8 done over the weekend). Will be caught up soon and hopefully at the point of having amps on hand for same day sales at some point before the end of the year ;)

Thor9981

Just wanted to give a huge shout out and many, many boatloads of gratitude to @Buckeye Amps for helping me complete this build. One Purifi 3 Ch. and one Hypex 6 Ch. made all the difference in my system. Couldn't be more proud to be a part of the Buckeye family! Been blaring this **** all week! Thank you!

20220912_184442.jpg
20220913_220617.jpg
20220913_220610.jpg

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Adding an FAQ section to the website, any suggestions for common questions I should answer (either for my amps specifically, or for general audio questions for using an amp in setups, etc).

Already going to cover using RCA to XLR cables, gain settings (for the Purifi), pre-out voltage for receivers.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Heat dissipation and thermal management. You should be able to deduce idle heat dissipation from the idle power consumption (conservation of energy).

[Edit] Would be great if you can provide temperature measurement results under different operating conditions/environments.

Last edited:
Top Bottom