• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are the best amp options to drive KEF R3?

• Thread starter Deleted member 51459
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 51459

What are the best amp options to drive KEF R3? i listen loud to music, and i dont want distortion etcs... i want high quality reliable brand//s products with long lasting good resale value because when time arrives i will upgrade to something better my current budget is around 1000 euro for amp it can be new or used,
i can extend my budget as long as item is really with groundbreaking technology and worth every penny.
If unit can stream it will be great if not not a big deal,
i put quality over everything else.
Please advice on some good quality stuff without top favourites inside chinese chasis, they have 000 resale value.Not sure what power amp i should get , to drive speakers as loud as possible, i am aware that this can leads to their premature wear/and brake them damage them.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

What do you think of hegel,roksan, rega excilit r or other series amps,
and other uk brands , like Naim super nait 2-3 ?
Are they any good or terrible i located in Europe emotiva is mainly for usa. same as shiit,

Joe Smith

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah, OP has said he's not into Class D amps, that's where I'd tend to go too. Especially if Audiophonics was closer to me geographically and I needed more power...

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What audio source (DAC?, Vinyl Player? etc) do you have or do you intend to buy and connect?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
D

Deleted member 51459

I listen music from my old computer on my computer i have
aux 3.5mm jack, and i also have optical connection for audio, thats the most convient option for me , sometimes i stream music from my phone to my audio gear currently i own apple home pod and naim muso 2... and some other gears...

I live in 90s baby , so far i have no budget to get vinyls etcs... so i dont care i preffer convience.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Kef r3,my speaker
specs are
Maximum Output
110dB

should i seek amp which can go to up to 110db? Please advice i am new to home audio. I want performance and high end price ,not to impress anyone if i buy purify in chinese enclosure i will have 0000 resale value so i will loose 1000euro.
I need great amazing performance and price,
i can up my price as long as performance is there i need to drive my speakers to the limits or close to this.

I can up my budget, but i need really ground braking technology, amazing reliability and good resale value. i will not support chinese stuff! they are not reliable and poor quality even if they have the best price performance ratio.

If you choose wisely now for 1000 €, that day may never come.

technology evolves all the time manufacturers are smart they find new ways to get your money.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I listen music from my old computer on my computer i have
aux 3.5mm jack, and i also have optical connection for audio, thats the most convient option for me , sometimes i stream music from my phone to my audio gear currently i own apple home pod and naim muso 2... and some other gears...

I live in 90s baby , so far i have no budget to get vinyls etcs... so i dont care i preffer convience.
Ok. Thanks for clarifying. Nothing wrong, but important to know when looking for an amp. So, unless you want to invest extra in a DAC you indeed need an integrated amp to hook to your 3.5mm PC line out.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hate to throw this in but the Genelec 8340's with built in amps and GLM would be my pick about the same price as R3's plus amps. As as many as you can afford them some subs.

Joe Smith

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I hate to throw this in but the Genelec 8340's with built in amps and GLM would be my pick about the same price as R3's plus amps. As as many as you can afford them some subs.
He's already bought the KEFs, that ship has sailed.

OP
D

Deleted member 51459

Ok. Thanks for clarifying. Nothing wrong, but important to know when looking for an amp. So, unless you want to invest extra in a DAC you indeed need an integrated amp to hook to your 3.5mm PC line out.
I dont plan to invest in dac, what purpose dac have what benefit it will provide to me in my car i have p99rs pioneer
Stage 4 Reference Series CD Receiver

24-Bit AKM DACs
• Off ers S/N ratio as high as 120 dB and high durability to jitter.
• Used for high, mid, low and SW channel (1 each).
• Give superior dynamic range and quietness.

it have several dacs,
do i find quality difference when i compared to my other car Sony player which cost 100$
for p99rs i spend 1500$ as a brand new,
so i see 000 difference thats a gimmick,

I have bought kef R3 today so they are payed they will be shipped from Uk to me, brand new 5 year warranty so fresh. with grills etcs..

Any opinions on rotel amplifiers are they any good and other brands i mentioned,like raga amps, roksan amps,nad ,harman kardon,morantz , creek 50a version amp, arcam as well, cyrus..

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom