• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

All Revel Performa3 Speakers 30% off?

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
According to a revel dealer avs all revel performa3 speakers are 30% off.

OP
D

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can’t recall seein c208/f208 etc on sale before…

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Jeez that is cheap. US$1925 each for F208s! No sign of a discount in Oz, still silly prices like A$9499 (pair) for the same.

OP
D

Dj7675

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Speculating… but I’m guessing all dealers are getting new orders for those products less during this time. So might be a chance with some dealers to do better as well.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I gave far less than$1925 each for a pair of F208s from a dealer. I don't know why anyone would buy a pair of mid to high end speakers from Crutchfield. Their prices are way higher than at a dealer IME.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
No sign of a discount in Oz, still silly prices like A$9499 (pair) for the same.

That'd be hilarious if they weren't serious.

At least the shipping is free. Maybe you get a free car with the speakers?

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I gave far less than$1925 each for a pair of F208s from a dealer. I don't know why anyone would buy a pair of mid to high end speakers from Crutchfield. Their prices are way higher than at a dealer IME.
I only check there for authorized dealer sale prices like this one.

I asked them before if they would discount and they didn’t budge. I bought from a dealer and got about this same deal back about 4 years ago.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Man 30% is not enough. I need the F328Be's to be like 60% off. I'll buy some then. I'll use my F208's for rear surrounds. And my rear surrounds will may become some Atmos overheads.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Overhead, underfoot, what's next?
Oh we have to get everyone willing to put speakers in the ceiling for a few years first. Then I'm sure dolby will come out with a new incompatible format. It will have spatial speakers down low or preferably underfoot in dedicated home theater rooms. New Spatial Atmos 7.2.4.2 speakers minimum will be required. Maybe they'll shorten the name to Spatmos.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Man 30% is not enough. I need the F328Be's to be like 60% off. I'll buy some then. I'll use my F208's for rear surrounds. And my rear surrounds will may become some Atmos overheads.
Go for it D, what's a few extra dollars between friends. ;)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Go for it D, what's a few extra dollars between friends. ;)
Then I'll have to replace the Marantz pre/pro I bought from you. Are you ready to upgrade yet?

I just moved up to 4k on the video side a few weeks ago.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, they are zero percent off! :) Sale only goes up to F208.
I know. Seems to me there is more wiggle room in the more expensive models. Doesn't that make sense? ;)

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh we have to get everyone willing to put speakers in the ceiling for a few years first. Then I'm sure dolby will come out with a new incompatible format. It will have spatial speakers down low or preferably underfoot in dedicated home theater rooms. New Spatial Atmos 7.2.4.2 speakers minimum will be required. Maybe they'll shorten the name to Spatmos.
I really want this to happen. Been thinking about the possibilities lately:

• Rain drops hitting the ground around you just like real life
  • Footsteps imaging between your surround and seat speaker. Getting closer...closer...
  • Bugs/fauna on the ground
  • Wind blowing grass/leaves/flora around you
  • Someone throws a glass bottle toward the screen and it images between your LCR and seat speaker...closer and closer until CRACK it shatters at your feet
  • Earthquake cracking the ground open beneath you
  • Many more creative uses
  • Profit

Top Bottom