• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wow! OMG! How do you express intense like without being over-dramatic?

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure why, nothing was out of bounds that I could see.
Well looking back it's bait click. All sorts of brands, gushing review, TUBES, plus no turntable not in picture.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Well looking back it's bait click. All sorts of brands, gushing review, TUBES, plus no turntable not in picture.
Gotcha. Audio Advice has an exclusive for North America (I'm assuming that carries over to their high end products too) and I'd never heard of them until a few months ago.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Nice speakers! Have fun!!

Where is your location that you buy heco?

OP
A

arancano

I take it you are the single reviewer at Amazon for this speaker?
View attachment 212080
Yes, I am a proud first :) More folks go for the Aurora 700. All Heco speakers are a few months away from entry in the U.S. market.
You say that so dismissively, as if gushing reviews are never deserved and as if tubes are in all cases a bad choice. Amir gives gushing reviews on occasion. I love his reviews because he appears to be more even-handed than some of his followers.
For somebody to make the first post claiming the virtues of a set of speakers just raises my suspicion.
Not his first post and he has been a member for over 2 years. I think OP is authentic that’s why I went to check out the speakers on Amazon.
Thank you for digging a little deeper before replying.
For somebody to make the first post claiming the virtues of a set of speakers just raises my suspicion.
Suspicion of what? That it is a plant for a vendor?
PS no I don't trust your ears.
There are times when I wonder myself :)

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Thank you! I live in Palm Springs, CA. Heco is available from the importer, Audio Advice, or through Amazon, which I believe fronts them for Audio Advice.

And how come that you decidet for them?

Dont think that heco is so well known in US?

OP
A

arancano

And how come that you decidet for them?

Dont think that heco is so well known in US?
It isn't well known, until very recently, particularly after Andrew Robinson and Audioholics did reviews.

Over the few years, I tried horns (Klipsch Forte IVs), electrostatics (Martin Logan 13A), planars (Magnepan 1.7i), and dynamic (Focal 1038be). I had already switched to my current Denafrips Iris DDC, Pontus DAC, and Technics 1210GR turntable with Lyra Delos cart, Pro-ject TubeBox DS2 phono preamp, and Willsenton R8 amp. None of those speakers I mentioned satisfied me in terms of full-range, smooth sound. They were detailed but at the expense of a high-end slightly brighter than I like.

The Heco 1000, right out-of-the box, gave me what I had been searching for. It is accurate and extended without being in the least bright. I am Cuban and love the brassy music. The slightest brightness in a speaker can be very fatiguing. Instead of shaking your hips to the music you cover your ears and ask for mercy.

The Heco has balanced tonality second to no speaker I've heard recently. I literally can sit all night listening to all kinds of music, americana, bluegrass, blues, jazz, or classical. None of it is fatiguing. All good speaker traits the Heco 1000 has in spades. I hope that gives you a good feel for why I decided on them.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
To the original question, 'fit for purpose' works for me. ;)

eddantes

Seem pretty good to me based on the measurements

image_large2

image_large2

image_large2

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Dammit, I saw the thread title and had the perfect Archer meme ready.

cavedriver

Unfortunately HECO was recently acquired by Magnat and they seemed to have discontinued their Direkt series that I was recently introduced to and wanted to listen to. Finding a used HECO in the US of course will be almost impossible so maybe in Europe...

Haint

Measurements looks pretty solid, but given the extensive reports of cheap build quality and the fact that $1600/pair is significantly more than motivated dealers will move Revel F35/F36's for, they don't seem like a particularly good value in the US given our domestic competition. I assume they're a much better value in Germany and parts of EU, like Focal.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Unfortunately HECO was recently acquired by Magnat and they seemed to have discontinued their Direkt series that I was recently introduced to and wanted to listen to. Finding a used HECO in the US of course will be almost impossible so maybe in Europe...
That is not correct, HECO and Magnat were acquired by the US group Audiovox (now named Voxx International) 20 years ago:

cavedriver

Ericglo

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would not touch a Class D amp, and I've had four high-end units, the most recent PS Audio, with a ten foot pole.
You need to skip all of that foolery and just try a Hypex NCore amp. They are the best amps you can buy for the money (and for much more money). If price isn't a concern, upgrade to a Purifi-based amp. However, I'm not yet convinced humans can hear a difference between them, even if on paper the Purifi is "better". So, NCore powers my system.

Last edited:

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Rightfully so, however the measurements for the price seem pretty darn good..
Just looked at the measurements. They are very good. Ridiculously wide though, so they might not play well in my small room due to too much reflected sound.

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
This is the HECO speaker I am interested in. Looks to be very well engineered from my view point.

along with the larger DIREKT 2 way

I am thinking of ordering for US delivery, anyone familiar with KRONOS AV?

Top Bottom