• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to Support Audio Science Review

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...Idealism doesn’t pay bills...

Do you really believe I would believe you more (or less) if you were a CEO or just a bottle-brush?
Nah!;)

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

DavidEdwinAston

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have just attempted two credit card and one debit card donations. "Card declined" in each case.
Any ideas, anyone please?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

DavidEdwinAston

Forum Donor
Sweet BD, but doesnt help me make a donation! :rolleyes:
I have just discovered my PayPal login details, so I might have another crack via that route!
Okay, so Paypal doesn't seem to remember me either. Weird. Is this Patreon malarky a valid way of contributing? I am UK based.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Okay, so Paypal doesn't seem to remember me either. Weird. Is this Patreon malarky a valid way of contributing? I am UK based.
Send a PM directly to @amirm and he will assist in resolving this and answering any questions you have. Good luck.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Send a PM directly to @amirm and he will assist in resolving this and answering any questions you have. Good luck.

Sure...make me look bad with a REAL answer... ;):cool:

AdamG

Forum Donor
Thanks Adam.
So, a complete "rejoining" of PayPal seems to have done the trick. I suppose I need to give it a day or so for confirmation.
Its already is done. Congratulations on your Donor status. You may now move to our luxurious Donor section Sir!

AdamG

Forum Donor

spacevector

Forum Donor
Just got a notification of expired membership and renewed it.

Thank you for all you do @amirm

Hope my modest contribution can pad the Topping checks a bit.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I presume there won't be a rush of people asking to pay w/crypto-currency... anytime soon!:)

TOOdamnFRANK

Just donated today and I was wondering when I will get my fancy little donor / supporter title next to my username?
Also I don’t post much, if at all, but I do visit the forums multiple times a day to browse through various discussions and Amir’s reviews (which are by far my favorite part). I’ve made a lot of my purchases based on reviews on this website including two of my current favorite stacks on my desktop; Topping A90D/D90SE & S.M.S.L. SH-9/SU-9. Both of which were great purchases that I got at a discount from Apos. Anyway, I hope my donation, as small as it might be, still helps because this is one of my favorite websites for reviews and discussions that I can creep on & pick through for information before I make any major gear purchases.

TOOdamnFRANK

Just donated today and I was wondering when I will get my fancy little donor / supporter title next to my username?
Also I don’t post much, if at all, but I do visit the forums multiple times a day to browse through various discussions and Amir’s reviews (which are by far my favorite part). I’ve made a lot of my purchases based on reviews on this website including two of my current favorite stacks on my desktop; Topping A90D/D90SE & S.M.S.L. SH-9/SU-9. Both of which were great purchases that I got at a discount from Apos. Anyway, I hope my donation, as small as it might be, still helps because this is one of my favorite websites for reviews and discussions that I can creep on & pick through for information before I make any major gear purchases.
Wahoo I got one already.
That was quick.

Currently it is an LLC (Audio Science Review LLC, registered in Washington State). It is not setup as a non-profit with respect to IRS so unfortunately your donations are not tax deductible. Worse yet, I have to pay taxes on them.

Edit: I am highlighting this as there still seems to be some confusion about this.
Why not set up the llc as a non-profit and salary yoirself as its President? You are basically an acoustic education and test facility. The value of donations can be deducted by your patrons and also the cost of having tested items sent to you can also be considered a donation.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Why not set up the llc as a non-profit and salary yoirself as its President? You are basically an acoustic education and test facility. The value of donations can be deducted by your patrons and also the cost of having tested items sent to you can also be considered a donation.
I need to research and learn what it all means to be non-profit. It is something I have never looked at.

sam_adams

I need to research and learn what it all means to be non-profit. It is something I have never looked at.

Talk to a tax attorney so he can explain the difference between state non-profit status and federal 501(c) or 501(c)(3) status. That conversation will, of course, cost money which will require more donations.

JSmith

Master Contributor
501(c)(3) status
I doubt it would be that sub-section of the Act, as that relates to charitable and religious organisations. Although maybe Amir can argue this is a religion? ;)
I think ASR would fall under "other" non-profit under a 501(c) sub-section, other than (3);

JSmith

Top Bottom