• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon channel level adjust

OP
T

theonline3333

I think now we understand your concern is about whether raising the center channel by as much as +5 would increase the chance of damaging the speaker. The answer is, there should be no issue because of your low listening level, and based on the other information you have provided.

On the question of preference, have you tried using both dynamic EQ and dynamic volume at the same time? You already know DV has adjustments, and DEQ has different offsets to choose from, so you may be able to find the right combination for you preference. If not, then your fall back is to go with the level settings that you have already found and like. The reason I am suggesting you try the other way, that is, to use DV and DEQ together is that if it works too, then it is better in the sense that those too features are tie to the "volume" such that it would self adjust as you change the volume. If you touch the volume then it is a moot point.
Thank you for the recommendation. I have Dynamic EQ on. DV even on light just feels like it takes a lot of the "fun" out of what I am watching. It just feels like a lot less bass even with DEQ on. I do often turn DV if I am watching a movie with loud parts late at night but keep it off most of the time. DEQ stays on all the time. I want as much bass as I can get since I do not have a sub. I have not seen any different DEQ settings unless you mean the default "reference" and "0" settings. I kept those at the default. The system sounds good to me now. The audyssey had the center way too low in my opinion. After I turned it up in the levels settings under test tones it now is a lot easier to understand voices even with bass parts.

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I want as much bass as I can get since I do not have a sub. I have not seen any different DEQ settings unless you mean the default "reference" and "0" settings.

Thank you for reminding me that you don't have a sub. I think that explains a lot...

By the way, the DEQ offsets I referred to are:

0 dB (Film Reference)
(Default): Optimized for content such as movies.
5 dB :
Select this setting for content that has a
very wide dynamic range, such as
classical music.
10 dB :
Select this setting for jazz or other music
that has a wider dynamic range. This
setting should also be selected for TV
content as that is usually mixed at 10 dB
below film reference.
15 dB :
Select this setting for pop/rock music or
other program material that is mixed at
very high listening levels and has a
compressed dynamic range.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Thanks for the explanation but I am happy with it now. I do not really need to know how it works just that it is working. Dynamic volume does help with voices but the bass it takes away makes it not worth it for me even on the light setting. I already use dialogue enhancer on medium. I am just going to play with the levels until I have it sounding like I want. Thanks again everyone.
Would it be possible to post a picture of your center channel speaker and how you have it placed. It could be something simple we might see ? Additionally, what are the brand, make and model of your front Left, Right, and center channel speakers? A picture of them and how they are placed in your room? Many times it something simple and easy to fix. But, if you are happy and really don’t want to explore this further. Of course that is fine and understandable.

OP
T

theonline3333

Thank you for reminding me that you don't have a sub. I think that explains a lot...

By the way, the DEQ offsets I referred to are:

0 dB (Film Reference)
(Default): Optimized for content such as movies.
5 dB :
Select this setting for content that has a
very wide dynamic range, such as
classical music.
10 dB :
Select this setting for jazz or other music
that has a wider dynamic range. This
setting should also be selected for TV
content as that is usually mixed at 10 dB
below film reference.
15 dB :
Select this setting for pop/rock music or
other program material that is mixed at
very high listening levels and has a
compressed dynamic range.
Thank you. I have mine at the default 0 db setting for tv and movies. I checked on that when I got the AVR and people said that would have the most bass.

Would it be possible to post a picture of your center channel speaker and how you have it placed. It could be something simple we might see ? Additionally, what are the brand, make and model of your front Left, Right, and center channel speakers? A picture of them and how they are placed in your room? Many times it something simple and easy to fix. But, if you are happy and really don’t want to explore this further. Of course that is fine and understandable.
Thanks but everything is fine now there is nothing to fix. I have emotiva t0+ towers for front L and R and emotiva c1+ center. They are placed where they are supposed to be from the images I have seen online. The center is right under the tv in the center. The L is about 4 inches to the left of the tv angled to me and R is same on right side. The center is about a foot closer. Audyssey was ran and distances are right. Everything is good now. Thanks again everyone.

Top Bottom