• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What about hardware EQ nowadays?

MRC01

Major Contributor
.... I replaced my DCX2496 eventually with an RCF DX 2006, not because of the noise floor, but because sometimes (admittedly, rarely) I heard digitization artifacts. ...
From what I read, the RCF DX 2006 has only analog inputs & outputs. If it operates digitally, this means it always does AD and DA conversion. This seems less transparent than a device that operates purely in digital mode without DA or AD conversion.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
From what I read, the RCF DX 2006 has only analog inputs & outputs. If it operates digitally, this means it always does AD and DA conversion. This seems less transparent than a device that operates purely in digital mode without DA or AD conversion.
Inarguably. But I feed the DX 2006 from the XLR analog outputs of my old Oppo BDP-95 Blu Ray Player. The DX 2006 then feeds three stereo amplifiers.

Top Bottom