• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Took mine in for emissions testing on Monday.
_DSC2326-sm.jpg

I do wonder if it's a bit big and heavy for my purposes though, like maybe something like this would be more appropriate?
Caterham 170s.jpg

photo of Caterham 170s from Caterham Cars.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Took mine in for emissions testing on Monday.
View attachment 226219
I do wonder if it's a bit big and heavy for my purposes though, like maybe something like this would be more appropriate?
View attachment 226220
photo of Caterham 170s from Caterham Cars.
Perhaps this?
818s-driving

818 Overview​

The Factory Five 818 Sports Car is the newest and most affordable Factory Five model. At a lithe 1,800 lbs., (the 818 stands for 818 kg or 1,800 lbs.), the newest Factory Five has a performance envelope unlike any other car. Benefitting from the latest technology in flow analysis, chassis and suspension tuning, and an optimized mid-engined design with proven Subaru boxer engine architecture, the 818 redefines fun driving.

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Big brakes for sure! I like big brakes...lol. :D
20" wheels with the sport brakes and red calipers, yeah. I'm not sure how well they'd hold up on a track, though. I'd probably want an AP Racing kit for that. Around town, the brakes don't much get used since there's regen.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
20" wheels with the sport brakes and red calipers, yeah. I'm not sure how well they'd hold up on a track, though. I'd probably want an AP Racing kit for that. Around town, the brakes don't much get used since there's regen.
I thought regen is something that is disabled after getting familiar with the ride. :D Hence the big brakes... Lol.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I thought regen is something that is disabled after getting familiar with the ride
That's what Dr Who does after he dies

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what Dr Who does after he dies
I don't know anything about The Dr Who stuff. It's a blank sheet for me. I read a car review that said the all wheel drive electrics are point and shoot wonders when they have good brakes.

DavidMcRoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My current drive, a Generation 7 VW Golf TSI with rims from a Generation 6 GTI (because I like Cuisinart wheels.) My only other modification: turning the treble almost all the way down on the factory radio. It's a Washington (state) car now, but it began as a south Florida car, where I bought it. (Note the "drug dealer-dark" tinted windows.)
15F99EEB-E0ED-4BDE-BA05-644CA8AA4539.jpeg

PatentLawyer

Forum Donor
Good for you, Frank!

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice, but how does it sound?
Pretty well silent. Marvellous.

I didn’t specify the faux sound on my build so saved a bit of weight.

The standard audio system is adequate but I have very low expectations of car audio anyway due to the environment and distance from my ears to the far-too-many drivers :)

Moonhead

Killer car Frank, congrats and what a wonderful color you choose.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Geez :mad: I really hate cars. Unfortunately they are a necessity in many places such as around here.

Attached is a pic of the '17 Toyota Corolla I just bought while it was still on the used car lot. It cost a stupid amount of $$$ for a 5+ y/o car -- virtually as much as brand new one, but at least it was available. There are long waiting lists for new cars and dealers seek to sell you more options and higher trim levels you don't want. In my case I need to get a car right away so my daughter can drive to work. She totaled the last one but thank goodness no one was hurt.

ToyotaC.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom