• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Rate this AC Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 371 95.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters

sqml

no tangible proof really. Just like spending your money on crypto. U buy 10k of crypto what do you get? a balance on your computer screen that you're worth more now LOL.. Im just kidding. The Cable debate its up to the listener. If it didnt do anything for you great, vice versa. Im not going to convince somebody that power cable is 100% is guaranteed difference. Just merely asking opinion

Koeitje

Major Contributor
no tangible proof really. Just like spending your money on crypto. U buy 10k of crypto what do you get? a balance on your computer screen that you're worth more now LOL.. Im just kidding. The Cable debate its up to the listener. If it didnt do anything for you great, vice versa. Im not going to convince somebody that power cable is 100% is guaranteed difference. Just merely asking opinion
At least with crypto there is a chance you will end up with more money. Buying this cable always has a negative ROI.

sqml

crypto is a funny in my opinion. The main objective of this "self regulated or no control from government" currency is lost. People use it to make money. Nothing wrong with that idea. The question is what are you buying? nothing really. Its a tool to make money

sqml

i shouldnt use crypto to make an example. This will probably cause another spark or more pissed of people. Sorry guys

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
1659718310010.jpeg

DonR

Major Contributor
i shouldnt use crypto to make an example. This will probably cause another spark or more pissed of people. Sorry guys
Generally, review threads are kept strictly on topic. There is a specific crypto thread elsewhere in the forum.

DonR

Major Contributor
You would convince many if you could provide evidence for the claim (claims themselves are not evidence). Even better if you could explain the physics involved that would lead to an audible difference.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sqml

lets not talk about the farm LOL .thats a different topic. This forum is for audio talk/opinion. Why the hostility?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
lets not talk about the farm LOL .thats a different topic. This forum is for audio talk/opinion. Why the hostility?
I like farms.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Challenges are not hostility. If you can't stand your ground don't bring up the topic.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Of course Tom is right. This:
"I found it very interesting that I could improve the unbalanced mains noise by 10 dB by either using a much heavier gauge AC cord, or running a ground wire from my power bar earth ground directly to the output jack ground. "
The last sentence undoes your claims. You are using unbalanced connections which by definition are susceptible to ground loops/voltage differentials. The fact that a piece of wire did the same thing as "heavy gauge AC cable" proves that the power cable was not the cause of the problem. And at any rate, you did not achieve zero mains noise which proves my point that internal leakage is responsible for many such problems.

sqml

let me guess my trollmeter is pegged or beyond the meter? dang
Challenges are not hostility. If you can't stand your ground don't bring up the topic.
I never doubt your expertise. Your science proved there's no difference.. What ground do I have to stand? It's my measly opinion. I just want to see other opinions if power cord sounds different to their ears or mind? Like I said before, it's just my opinion.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
none of you guys can tell different sound from high performance power cord? some do sound different. Im not joking
We know you are not. I have also perceived the same. Problem is, in every case where identity of the change is removed, that difference vanishes. It is an uncomfortable truth you need to get used to. That it takes knowledge of change to perceive the difference. In other words, you are conditioning your brain to listen differently when you swap an AC cable (or other tweaks like it). Ergo, you perceive a difference regardless of what your ear was doing.

After the listening test comparison you go back to normal music enjoyment and that factor vanishes. In other words, you spend money on something that only shows a difference in an improper experiment. Once that happens, you are itching to get that "high" again so you change some other thing. And cycle repeats. And your bank account continues to shrink.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
let me guess my trollmeter is pegged or beyond the meter? dang

I never doubt your expertise. Your science proved there's no difference.. What ground do I have to stand? It's my measly opinion. I just want to see other opinions if power cord sounds different to their ears or mind? Like I said before, it's just my opinion.
If in the face of every bit of evidence -- measurements, science and engineering of how electronics work and how we hear, and listening tests -- you still cling to your opinion, you are doing yourself a disservice. Give your brain and logic a chance to advance your knowledge of audio. Don't hold on to folklore. Let the knowledge and data sink in.

Remember, this is not a war of opinions. This is a war of mountain of facts against an opinion. In the olden days, these arguments would be just that: arguments. Now you have solid body of evidence with these reviews. So you can't keep repeating the line, "I hear it and is my opinion." We know that. Have no use for it and only serves to raise the noise floor of the review thread.

Lukino

Strongly cemented ideas about inserting a power cable, USB, NET, etc.. will no longer disappear. It's a business. Anything that can be made quickly and without development techniques is pure money. How is the price of cable 500, then 1000 and 5000 etc determined... If not by measurement? How can I be sure that I have not been cheated?:(

Top Bottom