• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ADAM Audio A series 2022

Wardy

Have you played with the DSP?
The main remote control DSP software isn't out yet, I've not played with the built in presets much yet.
I did notice that the small amount of speaker hiss that they have can be reduced by adjusting the gain down.

Illtrick

The main remote control DSP software isn't out yet, I've not played with the built in presets much yet.
I did notice that the small amount of speaker hiss that they have can be reduced by adjusting the gain down.
Ahh. That makes sense to why I couldn't really find any content on it. These seem like the "sweet spot" to me for a nearfield / desktops setup. A notch above iLoud and a notch (or few) below the Nuemans / Genelecs. There's plenty of powered monitors out there but not many that are small, active, have some legit production history and have onboard DSP.

Wardy

Ahh. That makes sense to why I couldn't really find any content on it. These seem like the "sweet spot" to me for a nearfield / desktops setup. A notch above iLoud and a notch (or few) below the Nuemans / Genelecs. There's plenty of powered monitors out there but not many that are small, active, have some legit production history and have onboard DSP.
Yes I was very tempted by the Genelec's, but then the A4's came out and they seemed to fit exactly what I wanted and were cheaper than the Genelec's.
When the full eq software is out I expect I'll get a measurement Mic and try the correction software as well with it.

Illtrick

Yes I was very tempted by the Genelec's, but then the A4's came out and they seemed to fit exactly what I wanted and were cheaper than the Genelec's.
When the full eq software is out I expect I'll get a measurement Mic and try the correction software as well with it.
Thanks for sharing! I'll start saving up for a set.

Scielienta

It looks like A7V is having a delay to be in stock. I've got the third e-mail from Thomann about delays and cancelled my order.

Reactions: Zvu

Illtrick

Is the tweeter in the A7V the same as the old A7X tweeter?
I believe tweeters are the same component however the wave guide has been updated. ( it’s visibly different)

behappybevegan

I believe in one of their youtube video's Adam said the tweeter was the same as the s-series but with a different plastic waveguide.
No telling if that's true of course.

kopczas

Has anyone used these A series with Sonarworks profile thru Adam`s software?

behappybevegan

Youtube recommend these videos on the new A-series to me.
Thought I pass them on. Don't expect much though.
Both are in Spanish, auto translate is available.

First video compares the A5x to the A4v.
In the end he says he will make a similar video comparing the A7x to the A7v.
The second video is from a mixer that used the A7v for a week.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They're saying on their website that they will publish measurements 'very soon'.

I mean what are they waiting for?

behappybevegan

The a4v and a7v are in stock and are being sold but Adan Audio doesn't feel like measuring them? Weird.

Scielienta

Really enjoying the A4V's, nothing decent other than the B&O system in my car to compare to mind and it compares well to my ears :D

Congrats :)
Does it loud enogh to fill up small-medium size room you think? Also wondering the bass response.

drumlesstrance

Wanted to share some brief (non-objective) thoughts. I've had a pair of A7Vs for about a month and overall was quite impressed by the new 'Pure' profile, which sounds a lot better (i.e. neutral and accurate) than the UNR profile which is meant to emulate the response of A7Xs. I've never owned A7Xs so I can't say exactly how accurate the UNR profile is, but the Pure is truly night and day. They were quite a big upgrade from my JBL LSR 305s which I was using for years to produce and mix music. The tweeters sound very detailed, and the transient response is fantastic. The low mids and bass were also tight and clean.

However, I am very unimpressed with Adam's handling of the A-Control software. The Sonarworks and DSP integration was one of the biggest reasons I bought the monitors since, as a music producer, I need as little latency as possible, especially when live tracking and laying down ideas. Given there's so much latency introduced already by the DAW, my sound card, various VST plugins etc. I didn't want room correction to also play a role. Unfortunately, I felt quite misled by the rollout date of the software. On all dealership listings, there's no indication that the A-Control software was not available for download at the time of purchase. I had to find this out after I registered the monitors, buried in a .pdf in my Adam website profile. Initially this gave 'second half of July' as a release date, but Adam quietly and without any notification to existing owners updated the .pdf on August 2 to say 'September'.

The lack of transparency is honestly pretty shocking. Clearly the DSP integration wasn't ready to be pushed to market, despite being pretty much the major selling point of the new A Series. I'm trying to get a return authorisation now, and I'm considering going with Genelec or Neumann's DSP-enabled options as an alternative.

Last edited:

SMAC88

Wanted to share some brief (non-objective) thoughts. I've had a pair of A7Vs for about a month and overall was quite impressed by the new 'Pure' profile, which sounds a lot better (i.e. neutral and accurate) than the UNR profile which is meant to emulate the response of A7Xs. I've never owned A7Xs so I can't say exactly how accurate the UNR profile is, but the Pure is truly night and day. They were quite a big upgrade from my JBL LSR 305s which I was using for years to produce and mix music. The tweeters sound very detailed, and the transient response is fantastic. The low mids and bass were also tight and clean.

However, I am very unimpressed with Adam's handling of the A-Control software. The Sonarworks and DSP integration was one of the biggest reasons I bought the monitors since, as a music producer, I need as little latency as possible, especially when live tracking and laying down ideas. Given there's so much latency introduced already by the DAW, my sound card, various VST plugins etc. I didn't want room correction to also play a role. Unfortunately, I felt quite misled by the rollout date of the software. On all dealership listings, there's no indication that the A-Control software was not available for download at the time of purchase. I had to find this out after I registered the monitors, buried in a .pdf in my Adam website profile. Initially this gave 'second half of July' as a release date, but Adam quietly and without any notification to existing owners updated the .pdf on August 2 to say 'September'.

The lack of transparency is honestly pretty shocking. Clearly the DSP integration wasn't ready to be pushed to market, despite being pretty much the major selling point of the new A Series. I'm trying to get a return authorisation now, and I'm considering going with Genelec or Neumann's DSP-enabled options as an alternative.
Sorry to hear you are going into this troubled route. I'd be interested to know your opinion when you get the Genelec or Neumann alternative. Which one are you considering?

I'm one-click away to buy the new A7V but the lack of real reviews/measurement data is holding me back.

Top Bottom