• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WiiM Mini Streamer

fquails

I probably didn't understand the question. When I play stream through wimm from Tidal app, I can set quality in Tidal preference. Using the wiim app just to display what is currently on play started from Tidal, there is no indication of quality, bitrate nor plying queue. All those info are shown in fixed position on wiim app, when music is started from that only
Got it, thanks.

fquails

What do you mean? I think a recent update may have moved them a little, but I don't think users can do so
Ah. Got it. I thought we are able move them around. But the update just moved them to a different location, permanently. Thanks for clarifying.

OldManMatt

I had one instance today with Amazon not playing gapless. In one of my personal playlists it stopped before the last track..it never even started that last track. But with everything else today it has been right on the money. My unit did get it's update on the 27th of last month. I'm not getting the Kbps display on Amazon though.

OldManMatt

Gapless WiiM is not yet.
Maybe I don't understand the term "Gapless" I thought it meant when one track ends the next instantly cues up with no time in between. I did a screen recording but it won't let me add it by Attach files

OldManMatt

Yes, but without mixing tracks. For music like opera, or Pink Floyd to use pretty different examples, is a must
Right on..and thanks. Sounds pretty seamless now so I was getting a little confused. If they can improve on what I'm already getting..well I'll just be even more impressed by this little plastic hockey puck.

Brantome

Major Contributor
Thanks, hadn’t noticed that before, nor have I seen any sign in the app. Drop WiiM a line via the feedback section in the app and see if they can shed a light on this
Hi, I asked WiiM about Adaptive EQ and it’s just something they’re planning viz “This is a further feature, now we are looking at it and will check the implementation path.”

Music1969

Major Contributor
I had one instance today with Amazon not playing gapless. In one of my personal playlists it stopped before the last track..it never even started that last track. But with everything else today it has been right on the money. My unit did get it's update on the 27th of last month. I'm not getting the Kbps display on Amazon though.

If gapless is working for you and you're not shown bitrate then you are doing lossy, not UHD casting.

OldManMatt

If gapless is working for you and you're not shown bitrate then you are doing lossy, not UHD casting.
From the WiiM Home app Amazon will show the correct audio bit rate and sample rate Ex-24/96 but it doesn't add the Kbps or bandwidth rate like Quboz or Tidal does on the WiiM app. I am just now learning what these numbers are and their meanings

telemike

We made a mistake and sorry for that so much!
The beta firmware didn't contain gapless feature and we will release a new beta firmware to support it today or tomorrow.
Our apologies for this trouble and appreciate for your patience.

Best,
WiiM Support

OldManMatt

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DBKbS1jnoHHvN4cS6 y'all are making me feel like I'm crazy Can you open this link and press play and tell me this isn't "gapless" on Amazon? I apologize guys for my ignorance, just looking for clarification from what I see as seamless and Amazon support and others saying it doesn't exist. And again, thanks

OldManMatt

Or maybe I understand a little better, I was just on Quboz and played a random playlist.. definitely a good half second, slight hiccup between tracks

Raver

Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice. I have a wiim mini connected to a Denon 600NE integrated amplifier. The input sensativity of the amp is very low, when i connect the wiim via toslink i have very little headroom on the volume pot, when i connect the wiim via aux out i can reduce the Vrms. If i reduce it to 500mv does this truncate the singal and reduce the quality.

Also i read amirs review which say the aux out is worse than toslink. Am i losing a lot of quality using aux vs toslink and thoughts on the amp not performing at its best at around 9pm on the dial?

Sorry a few questions there any help would be appreciated.

I have Bowers and Wilkins 606 S2 Anniversay speakers and a REL T7x connected to the Denon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom