• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Not suitable impedance will cause obvious murmur to headphone?

Truth32

Hey guys,
First, Please excuse my poor English. I did not study English well.:facepalm:

I have buy a 4 pin xlr to 6.3mm adapter for HE6SE V2 from an individual seller.
(I bought this adapter just to connect another headphone cable so that I don't need to plug and unplug it everywhere)
But when I connect it to HE6SE V2 and TOPPING DX3 PRO+ (and a 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter).
When I try listen a music, omg, it's have a lot of noise, and I have try connect Focusrite Scarlett Solo.
I have tried HE6SE V2 original 4 pin xlr to 6.3mm adapter (and addition 6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter) before on DX3 PRO, it's didn't sound any noise with my ears.

So I contact the seller to request a return, but he say reason that my amp's impedance didn't suitable my headphone.
So he reject my request....

i just want to ask.
Would changing just the resistance cause such a large noise?

Matthias McCready

So if I understand you correctly:

1. You have HE6SE V2 headphones
2. The original cable that came with them works, ie headphones work as normal with your equipment.
3. You bought a new cable, and it causes problems with two different headphone amps, where the original works fine.

-----
That sounds like a cable problem to me.

Without hearing the noise it would be hard to say what it is, but the cable could have dropped a pin, or could have a cold solder joint.

OP
T

Truth32

So if I understand you correctly:

1. You have HE6SE V2 headphones
2. The original cable that came with them works, ie headphones work as normal with your equipment.
3. You bought a new cable, and it causes problems with two different headphone amps, where the original works fine.

-----
That sounds like a cable problem to me.

Without hearing the noise it would be hard to say what it is, but the cable could have dropped a pin, or could have a cold solder joint.
Yes, your understand is correctly.
The noise is so large that it can record through my smartphone....

Thank you.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
i just want to ask.
Would changing just the resistance cause such a large noise?
No

You can go (amp tot headphone):
Amp 6.3(or 3.5) to XLR4 to XLR4 to HE6
Amp XLR4 to HE6
Amp 6.3(or 3.5) to HE6
This should all sound fine.

But not:
Amp XLR4 to 6.3 to 6.3 to HE6
This can cause all kinds of problems.

Last edited:
OP
T

Truth32

你可以去(amp tot耳機):
放大器 6.3(或 3.5)到 XLR4 到 XLR4 到 HE6
放大器 XLR4 到 HE6
放大器 6.3(或 3.5)至 HE6
這聽起來應該沒問題。

但不是:
放大器 XLR4 到 6.3 到 6.3 到 HE6
這可能會導致各種問題。
Sorry, there is something wrong with my description.
In my case,
Amp 3.5 to (3.5 to 6.3 adapter) to (6.3 to XLR4 cable, HE6SE V2 original cable) to HE6SE V2
Today i just change 1 variable in my case, change (6.3 to XLR4 cable, HE6SE V2 original cable) to another (6.3 to XLR4 cable).

solderdude

Grand Contributor
In my case,
Amp 3.5 to (3.5 to 6.3 adapter) to (6.3 to XLR4 cable, HE6SE V2 original cable) to HE6SE V2
Today i just change 1 variable in my case, change (6.3 to XLR4 cable, HE6SE V2 original cable) to another (6.3 to XLR4 cable).
Then the sound should not be any different. If it is then the cable is faulty.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In my case,
Why are you using a cable with XLR connectors, can't see any reason for using XLR with your headphones and Topping DAC/amp.
You should be using a cable with two TRS 3.5mm jacks on one end, plugged into the HE6SE V2 headphones and a single 3.5mm TRS plug to go into the Topping (nothing more).
There is no impedance issue, the seller just does not want to deal with a return.

Top Bottom