• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon 3700h or Anthem MRX 540

maximm

I'm gunning for a classic 5.1 setup and bought the Denon 3700h, still have a month left of the return window.
Audyssey is making some amazing changes to the sound, and the app is good.

The 3700 is 14 500kr, and the Anthem is 22500kr here. So the anthem is 55% more expensive.

The question is; should i return the Denon and buy the Anthem? I have access to a really good pro installer that knows his way around ARC/Dirac that would come and calibrate the setup for me as well.

I am using an external 3x400w Purifi amp, so internals would only be used for backs.

Speakers; MK S150 + M4T tripoles + V10 sub

I'm running an Xbox in there, but don't care about the 4k120hz stuff.

Capture.JPG

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Keep the Denon.

When investing, always invest in speakers first. Electronics won’t hardly make a difference especially as the Denon is a very well measuring amp and aside from mainly anecdotal evidence I have not seen hard facts that Dirac is better.

Golfx

Forum Donor
You have made a logical case for keeping the Denon. They are relatively bug free. They also test well on this website.

Anthem struggled over the last two years with bugs and incomplete user manuals. Denon has very complete user manuals.

OP
M

maximm

The Denon has worked flawlessly and the Audyssey makes wonders for my horrible room. Wondering if ARC/Dirac would be even better.

delta76

Major Contributor
I doubt that you will notice any sound difference. Save the money

Golfx

Forum Donor
I'm gunning for a classic 5.1 setup and bought the Denon 3700h, still have a month left of the return window.
Audyssey is making some amazing changes to the sound, and the app is good.

The 3700 is 14 500kr, and the Anthem is 22500kr here. So the anthem is 55% more expensive.

The question is; should i return the Denon and buy the Anthem? I have access to a really good pro installer that knows his way around ARC/Dirac that would come and calibrate the setup for me as well.

I am using an external 3x400w Purifi amp, so internals would only be used for backs.

Speakers; MK S150 + M4T tripoles + V10 sub

I'm running an Xbox in there, but don't care about the 4k120hz stuff.

View attachment 218488
What did you end up doing? I would have suggested adding a Small 2 channel amp for surrounds and running your 3700h preamp only to your amps like I am going to do with mine. It doubles the voltage to your amps and cleans up the signal a lot. I am getting a Buckeye 3 channel amp soon.

Top Bottom