• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Rate this AC Cable

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 371 95.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 12 3.1%

• Total voters

DanielT

Major Contributor
Thanks Amir! Interesting, as always with your tests.:D
What is it called in English, not to walk around the bush? Beat the bush? Never mind what I mean is that it was a test that was straight to the point. Good work!:)

By the way Amir's arguments, test results vs what the manufacturer Danny at GR Research says about his power cord:

Edit:
Lol, now I know the counter-argument against you Amir not noticing any difference. 5:30 in the video. The power cord needs to be burned in for at least 200 hours before you can start hearing how good it sounds with it.:facepalm:
My God, how much waffle in Danny's video.:oops:

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What is it called in English, not to walk around the bush? Beat the bush? Never mind what I mean is that it was a test that was straight to the point. Good work!:)

By the way Amir's arguments, test results vs what the manufacturer Danny at GR Research says about his power cord:

Edit:
Lol, now I know the counter-argument against you Amir not noticing any difference. 5:30 in the video. The power cord needs to be burned in for at least 200 hours before you can start hearing how good it sounds with them.:facepalm:
Danny is a superb bullshitter. The GR Research B24 AC Cord appears to be about the same size as a rat snake. How fitting! I wonder how many AC connectors/receptacles have been cracked and broken by inserting and leaving these AC cords hanging from the AC connectors.

Last edited:

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd vote rather for power cable made of precious metals. With no impact on sound, it can serve as an effective value storage at least (well for those of us who are not "sparkling" rappers lol). And with a look generic enough, it can be theftproof to certain degree as well :)

vkvedam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
MiniatureOilyIsabellinewheatear-max-1mb.gif

DanielT

Major Contributor
Danny is a superb bullshitter. The GR Research B24 AC Cord appears to be about the same size as a rat snake. How fitting! I wonder how many AC connectors have been cracked and broken by inserting and leaving these AC cords hanging from the AC connectors.
He he, see also post, # 13 in this thread. Voodooless commented on this with 200 hours before me, I see now.:)

D

Deleted member 19122

Edit:
Lol, now I know the counter-argument against you Amir not noticing any difference. 5:30 in the video. The power cord needs to be burned in for at least 200 hours before you can start hearing how good it sounds with them.:facepalm:
My God, how much waffle in Danny's video.:oops:
Man....rational intelligent people can sit through his utter BS??? He's literally the video age version of a huckster selling healing potions!

Clark_Stanley's_Snake_Oil_Liniment.png

MC_RME

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
I have very bad experiences with this kind of ground pin. It squashes and destroys the counterpart in adapters and receptables or outlets easily. Not so the other version of it which is round and solid. Now you tell me - is this u-shaped idea standard for US plugs? Or coming from another part of the world? Chinese and japanese HiFi 'high-End' cables usually have this 'misdesign', and call it US version. That's why I have seen it before.

Fidji

@amirm , how does it feel, knowing that despite you putting endless effort into debunking all of this snake oil shit, there is probably zero effect. All of those magic cords and magic boxes sellers will still find enough gullible music loving folks.

I go to some local forums here in EU and this is usual first post of a new member "I have bough Denon xx + Monitor Audio yy, which cables do I need to buy to remove bloated bass". I sometimes think, this hobby is beyond redemption.

It really seems, that there are 2 parallel universes with completely different laws of physics, one normal and another one in audiophile's listening room. This includes IT, where for some reason audio files behave completely differently to the rest.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Apparently you can even have too much “filtering”? How does that work? How does the cable know how to filter noise? How can it also start filtering some of the music? Can it just not help itself? Fascinating stuff…
I'm not going to try to delve into the inner imagination of Danny's mind and his as claimed amazing cable technology. He did state multiple times that there is filtering occurring. I suspect he has been hacking crossovers too much and thinks that he doing it with a power cable on the B24. Don't fall for his folksy videos because he's a charlatan grasping at your wallets.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Now you tell me - is this u-shaped idea standard for US plugs?
Not at all. It is always round, fully enclosed pin.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm , how does it feel, knowing that despite you putting endless effort into debunking all of this snake oil shit, there is probably zero effect. All of those magic cords and magic boxes sellers will still find enough gullible music loving folks.

I go to some local forums here in EU and this is usual first post of a new member "I have bough Denon xx + Monitor Audio yy, which cables do I need to buy to remove bloated bass". I sometimes think, this hobby is beyond redemption
Well, I pretty much disagree.

These last few years (ASR, Audioholics, Archimago and so on could certainly be the cause), I've seen more and more people on other audiophile forums stopped asking recommandations for cables synergy. Besides, even on threads created specifically for asking about cables, you often see experienced members that don't feel ashamed saying out loud: "Don't waste your money for this nonsense". There are still hardcore subjectivists places where you will certainly have trouble for that, but I really see cables debunkers growing.

tomtoo

Major Contributor

I go to some local forums here in EU and this is usual first post of a new member "I have bough Denon xx + Monitor Audio yy, which cables do I need to buy to remove bloated bass". I sometimes think, this hobby is beyond redemption.

It really seems, that there are 2 parallel universes with completely different laws of physics, one normal and another one in audiophile's listening room. This includes IT, where for some reason audio files behave completely differently to the rest.

Physics in the audiophile universe.

il_fullxfull.1418636237_rhlg_1.jpg

Top Bottom