• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

THW

Forum Donor
or rather, if not a moral statement, that whole thing right there is just your opinion and your perspective, and I have no use for it because it does not apply to me.

so it strikes me as odd that you like to keep harping on it like you’re objectively correct or something

THW

Forum Donor
Nope, still have absolutely no idea what your going on about.
refer to my original quote of your comment.

at this point I’m convinced you’re being dense on purpose.

Bigsy

refer to my original quote of your comment.

at this point I’m convinced you’re being dense on purpose.
Your original quote is from over 2 days ago and not even in response to you.... so yeah I still have no idea what your saying.

Bigsy

The signal to noise ratio in this thread... :facepalm:

Seriously
It would appear that post-purchase rationalisation and mob mentality are a strong cocktail. If it makes people feel better to keep coming at me for no reason, so be it.

Your reply was also pretty ironic all things considered.

Last edited:

Stein

Do you work at a Russian troll farm, sir? :p @Bigsy

“ The effect created by such Internet trolls is not very big, but they manage to make certain forums meaningless because people stop commenting on the articles when these trolls sit there and constantly create an aggressive, hostile atmosphere toward those whom they don’t like. The trolls react to certain news with torrents of mud and abuse. This makes it meaningless for a reasonable person to comment on anything there.[28] ''

Veri

Master Contributor
It would appear that the post-purchase rationalisation and mob mentality are a strong cocktail. If it makes people feel better to keep coming at me for no reason, so be it.

The problem is you feeling personally attacked every other post and are seriously shitting up this entire thread.

There are problems, we know, we're all patiently awaiting Topping to fix things which I'm sure they will considering the DX3 is most likely their biggest milking cow ever, since it's sold out pretty much everywhere due to the hype.

The hype in turn has people like you showing up who strongly disagree with everyone else more often than not for the sole reason of being annoying. How about you cut it out and look for another venue for your whining?

Bigsy

I think you guys need to keep some perspective here. I'd not posted here since Thursday, got a notification of someone replying to me so come to the forum, and I couldn't work out what on earth he was saying, then, a couple more people chipped in and I've just replied.

Zero personal attacks from me despite people again trying to provoke it, and I'd like nothing more than to keep the thread on topic.... I'm really not the one dragging it off all the time.

But you know people can't help themselves.. cue off-topic comment about me below \/

Last edited:

dkinric

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's pretty funny reading this thread after employing the use of the Ignore user feature. I only see one side of the conversation.
Wonder what would happen if every user in this thread did the same...

Stuart

Really odd forum. The device has an issue. An actual rep from Topping has taken the time to post and admit that the implementation route they chose was not the best option and they are working on a fix. I have also received an email from Topping stating ' testing the new firmware and doing debug, I think soon we will release it to public.' and yet some people on here don't want to admit there is a problem?

Veri

Master Contributor
Really odd forum. The device has an issue. An actual rep from Topping has taken the time to post and admit that the implementation route they chose was not the best option and they are working on a fix. I have also received an email from Topping stating ' testing the new firmware and doing debug, I think soon we will release it to public.' and yet some people on here don't want to admit there is a problem?
I don't think there's people "not admitting there is a problem"? Mostly just people taking issue with how others are behaving, going both ways.

Wolven

Can someone explain to me about the headphone jack in DX3pro. I tried to use headphones for the first time to test the unit, cheap sony.
I can hear right channel when inserted all the way. I can hear both channels if inserted just in certain way.
Those headphones work with my other 3.5mm dac/amp no problem. The jack has two stripes. What's going on?

Veri

Master Contributor
Can someone explain to me about the headphone jack in DX3pro. I tried to use headphones for the first time to test the unit, cheap sony.
I can hear the left channel or right channel but not both channels at the same time when inserted all the way. Those headphones work with my other 3.5mm dac/amp no problem. The jack has two stripes. What's going on?
Now that's odd. My 3.5mm gear all worked without issue :(

Wolven

Now that's odd. My 3.5mm gear all worked without issue :(

yeah, I had to change how I phrased that. So, inserted partially hearing, left or right depending on how deeply inserted. All the way and it is only right channel. On partial insertion both channels.

Bigsy

My 3 pole cables work fine pushed all the way in, right channel is a bit louder at lower vol on my really sensitive iems though.

Wolven

I changed the cable to headphones now it works. What a relief, that's twice I had to replace cables in last week. Crappy adapter that all.
No need to panic

THW

Forum Donor
3.5mm output works perfectly fine here, no glitches on either my HD 600 or M40x at least

Wolven

Any recommendation on headphones for this unit? Something under 150$ US?

THW

Forum Donor
Any recommendation on headphones for this unit? Something under 150$ US?

not sure if it’s wise to spend only USD 150 on headphones when you’re paying something like USD 160-220 for the DX3, lol

if you ask me you shouldn’t spend more on source gear than transducers

Top Bottom