• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

jlw

Hello. I am new. I am unable to load the software on the D10. Downloaded the zip file from Dropbox. Extracted the files on the desktop. Browsed for the .bin file as the instructions show. File not found. .bin file verified downloaded. DAC stuck on 44.1. Plug and Play was great for default 44.1. Is this software compatible with Windows 10? New i7 core 8770K. Any ideas? Thank You! jlw

D10 firmware update (Only for SN number beginning with 1806.)
1, install drivers of D10(pass this step if you had already install drivers of D10 successfully)
2, Connect D10 to your PC and turn on.
3, Run "ToppingUsbAudioDfu.exe".
4, Click Browse.. and select "D10_dfu_18I.bin".
5, Click Start and wait for "Firmware upgrade finished successfully".
6, Click Exit and finish.

Last edited:
From what I've read, do not install firmware but do install the driver.
It took a couple of tries for me to install the drivers but it did work.
Then I used their directions for DSD inside of Foobar2000 and everything just worked.

By the way, I found an app for my iPhone last night called "MonkeyMote" which is a remote control application for foobar2000.
It actually works really well. What's even cooler is the library function found all the hi-rez files on my NAS. This includes an ISO with .dsf files and FLAC encoded 24 bit files. Really neat.

Jkdjedi

To maximize the potential of TOPPING D10. Use the TOPPING DX3 PRO DRIVERS

Jkdjedi

How does it maximize the potential?
Customization of the ASIO settings?

Dave.
Check it out and see if your hear a difference. For me, it got rid of those awkward pauses midway into tracks, on Tidal and YouTube, I got the mad tip from Massdrop Discussion thread. Seems like it's the latest and greatest Topping driver..so why not? Their reasoning was
"TOPPING DX3 drivers will let you set windows audio output to 32bit 384Khz, unlike the original TOPPING D10 drivers that will limit you to 32bit 192Khz". Yeah I know ASIO overrides Windows settings....just happy it got rid of the pause.. everything plays through nonstop, (and not sure it's placebo..I don't care), but it sounds better. :) Check it out.

Vosya

Their reasoning was
"TOPPING DX3 drivers
It may be worth simply to note that the version of the "DX3" (which is applicable for all Topping`s devices with VID_152A&PID_8750) driver is 4.47, not 4.14? This is what explains everything.

D

Deleted member 2944

No, it doesn't explain everything.
I'm aware it's a new version of the Thesycon driver, but what exactly is different? It appears to be something in the ASIO implementation?
https://www.thesycon.de/eng/usb_audiodriver.shtml
I admit to not having a good level of understanding on the inner workings of these drivers. :)

Dave.

Vosya

It appears to be something in the ASIO implementation?
Practically in EVERY version of driver after 4.14, including internal engineering releases, there were improvements in the implementation of ASIO. Just read the Revision History.

D

Deleted member 2944

I'm sorry, I must be missing it. Is the Revision History file on the Thesycon website? (I see nothing inside the actual driver download from Topping.)
Help a guy out please with the link.
Thx.

Dave.

Nesty

I got mine working on PC nice sound.
Anybody tried this on an android phone huawei if it will work? I plan to connect phone>>D10>>Heaphoneamp

I've got an issue that i'm hoping that you guys can help me out with.
Foobar2000 has been happily working on my system for about a week.
Lately when I stop the music and try to watch a video on Youtube, the video won't load because I assume the clock is tied to Foobar in some way.
If I unplug the D10 and plug it back in, I can get the Youtube audio to work but it's a little annoying.
Anybody know how I can fix this?

*edit*
This appears to be an ASIO deal, of which I am a new pratitioner. ASIO takes over the output stream and won't let anything else play.
Someone here alluded to this earlier I believe.
It seems that if I closed down Foobar2000 before starting up youtube, this should work.
We'll see.

Last edited:

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Normally it will release exclusive mode if you hit the stop button or the the playlist ends. Just hitting pause won't release it.

AresHarvest

And if you use WDM (the default audio protocol in windows and foobar) instead of exclusive mode protocols (WASAPI, ASIO) then you can use whichever apps you want, and multiple at a time.

I was under the impression foobar needed extra components to use WASAPI and ASIO. What you described should not happen otherwise.

Jkdjedi

It may be worth simply to note that the version of the "DX3" (which is applicable for all Topping`s devices with VID_152A&PID_8750) driver is 4.47, not 4.14? This is what explains everything.
Hey guys... I figured out my "pause in the cause" during playback of any media, Youtube, PC gaming, Tidal, etc. and it had nothing to do with the driver. (Go figure)! Disabling all enhancements within the Windows Sound settings did the trick for me. What I noticed about the 4.47 driver was that it brought down the bass impact a lot on my HD6XX or It felt like it did, the mids get pushed a touch brighter on 4.47, to my ears. So it's been eating at me for a few days to go back and try the 4,14 driver.... and yeah, a fuller sound, or maybe I just like the sound of the 4.14 better?

Top Bottom