• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What’s your favourite Audio YouTuber?

Newman

Major Contributor
I mean the words coming out of most people’s mouths is twaddle, I just choose to ignore it or be entertained by it.
I chose wisely.

kongwee

Major Contributor
And what did you think? Now that we are on the subjective track.;)

Hm..., for my own part. I would have liked to have compared the three speakers. I do not know which I liked best of them, but it would have been fun to try.:p

A general tip. Compare speakers for a long time. By longer I mean months. Choose the ones you then listen to the most.:)
In hi fi show, you can hear all sort of stuff w/o intention to buy them. Not just show, many dealer in my country open to shop to let in people to listen to $100k speaker setup. I used to do that on weekends.

DanielT

Major Contributor
I forgot all about JohnAudioTech.
He is nice with his small tests and his small amplifiers. I see that others in the thread also tipped about his channel.:)

I think this can be a fun exercise for a non EE to do/build. Mostly to learn about how OP amps work.Advantage, powered by batteries so you do not have to be nervous to mix in power from the wall socket. Consists of an OP amp plus some resistors and capacitors:

By the way, this leads me to this channel, which I think is good:

Screenshot_2022-07-02_065732.jpg

Andysu

Major Contributor

Indy

How about Andrew Robinson? He likes all the speakers he reviews.

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Photo reeks of arrogance.

My late wife was pushing me hard to start doing videos. I resisted because I really don't like the genre. Now my daughter has taken up the idea.

Me: "Here's the problem: I don't have a great look, I don't have a good voice, and the room is a wreck."
Liz: "Well, you could put on a rubber clown nose?"
YouTube is hard when you have a face for radio and a voice for print.

FWIW, though, I think your content would be marvelous. My impression is that you've forgotten more about audio than most of us will ever know.

Andysu

Major Contributor

Chaconne

I love watching—or at least listening to—iiWi Reviews, not for recommendations but for his amazing Dracula-like accent combined with his sincerity and his mastery of American English idioms. It often seems delightfully incongruous. I don't much care what he says as long as he just keeps talking.

OP
A

Arianator26

How about Andrew Robinson? He likes all the speakers he reviews.
i actually liked the guy. Maybe a bit arrogant and pretentious at times but good video quality and structure. But yesterday he posted a video which made me retroactively doubt everything he’s said so far. He actually paired a 102db sensitivity speaker with 200w monoblocks and wondered why it didn’t sound good… that’s an instance of cluelessness I didn’t really expect from a seasoned audio reviewer like him

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
i actually liked the guy. Maybe a bit arrogant and pretentious at times but good video quality and structure. But yesterday he posted a video which made me retroactively doubt everything he’s said so far. He actually paired a 102db sensitivity speaker with 200w monoblocks and wondered why it didn’t sound good… that’s an instance of cluelessness I didn’t really expect from a seasoned audio reviewer like him
Why should that be an issue, assuming the amp isn't pathological?

OP
A

Arianator26

Why should that be an issue, assuming the amp isn't pathological?
Because it’s overkill. Those extremely high sensitivity speakers usually sound the best with a small tube like 8-10wpc. With a high power endpoint you completely lose control over your speaker and makes it sound bloated unclear especially in the bass.

Top Bottom