• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

jesh

The AKM DACs have the velvet sound technology. I'm thinking the setting in AKM chip probably matches like this with DX3pro filters.
If someone thinks otherwise we can change it.

I just got my unit and only have F1-F5. What the heck?

Also using this as a general sound card and I do get clicks when changing sample rates, but not otherwise. Not a deal breaker for me.

Wolven

Also using this as a general sound card and I do get clicks when changing sample rates, but not otherwise. Not a deal breaker for me.

I cannot verify since I got no remote. However, one of the members (pejakovic1) above mentioned F6 as especially nice sounding. Perhaps a reset?

Saulius

Is this DX3 better sounding and more balanced in reality then D30 or lets say D50?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Mine goes to F-6. Maybe you didn't pay enough for the last filter??? :D

Seriously, try again. Would be odd for yours to not go to F-6.

Stuart

Should definitely have f6 it also shows it in the instructions.

jesh

Yeah, I can see it on the instruction packet..
I didn't get a battery, so this is using the unplug+hold button method.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Yeah, I can see it on the instruction packet..
I didn't get a battery, so this is using the unplug+hold button method.
Ah, you are right. Front panel is limited to F-5. Topping should fix that.

Got my unit today....The remote works fine. Able to scroll through all options in the remote. Everything works. Currently connected to the Bluetooth option and Paired to my LG V30+ in APTx-HD. The sound is just mind blowing. I tried switching to different apps [Default Music App, Pandora, Spotify]. There are no clicks while changing the tracks in the music app. Must be something to do with the USB driver. Am yet to test the same with the PC and Phone OTG.
I had ordered mine from HI-FI store on Aliexpress

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Got my unit today....The remote works fine. Able to scroll through all options in the remote. Everything works. Currently connected to the Bluetooth option and Paired to my LG V30+ in APTx-HD. The sound is just mind blowing. I tried switching to different apps [Default Music App, Pandora, Spotify]. There are no clicks while changing the tracks in the music app. Must be something to do with the USB driver. Am yet to test the same with the PC and Phone OTG.
I had ordered mine from HI-FI store on Aliexpress

Maybe because there was no bit rate change coming out of the BT connection ?

Maybe because there was no bit rate change coming out of the BT connection ?
Maybe maxx... in my phone music collections i have all types of files, wav, 128kbps mp3, 256kbps VBR mp3.... why playing through, i could hear no clicks. Just the relay engaging when it receives the input signal.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
I mean that the BT connection converts to a standard PCM signal before passing it on to the DAC system. Hence, no change in bit rates ?

Bigsy

This thread is so good..... to use an analogy I feel like I just drove a brand new car home from the showroom but every time I changed the windscreen wipers the horn went off... I get home go online recheck the review.

The review was really just the car on a dyno, it was never driven, in fact it wasn't quite the same model I bought as it wasn't available at the show room.
People tell me that they just drove theirs in reverse and the horn didn't come on once
People tell me they drive with music on really loud and can't hear the horn at all, so whats my problem?
People tell me their not sure where the windscreen wipers are but their horn works perfectly well.
People tell me I shouldn't be driving in the rain.
People tell me that the car accelerates so damn fast why am I concerned about the horn?

All the while the manufacturer has stated its broken and they will do their best to fix it.

Reactions: GAP

admin

Site Owner/Administrator
Staff Member
The review was really just the car on a dyno, it was never driven,
I have reapedly stated that the dx3 pro is my everyday dac and amp. I use it many hours a day. Do you not read the post or just intent on misstating the facts here?

It seems you can't stand anyone liking and using it because you don't.

TP-Wong

Audio Company
This is definately wrong implementation and thus all problems.

It should be done like this from the beginning. All dacs work like that - I tested like 5 different dacs with 4490, 4495, neither of them had this issue.

Keep up the good work and prepare firmware upgrade for us ! :)

Yes I agree. This is our fault.

Stuart

Yes I agree. This is our fault.

One concern is having a limited amount of time (buyer protection from Aliexpress for me) to decide if we need to return the DAC or keep it and hope for a better implementation.

Top Bottom