• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

D

Deleted member 47224

Follow up on another thread. Those kind of speakers on small wooden stands fascinate me. Not sure why.

NzJDRDgzNEZCNjBCQUQzREM5NDQ6YWU3MjgzODNmZGE1NmFhODI2M2M4NGQ5NTZlMDg5ZWM6Ojo6OjA=

heresy-iii-noyer-la-paire_5c98fc93df0a5_600.jpg

bkdc

Forum Donor
The engineering side of me is aghast at some of these cabinets which contribute absolutely nothing to function, and in many cases, may degrade sound quality. Form should follow function. The rest of it is subjective art.

Last edited:

Axo1989

Major Contributor
The engineering side of me is aghast at some of these cabinets which contribute absolutely nothing to function, and in many cases, may degrade sound quality. Form should follow function. The rest of it is subjective art.
If Engineers Aghast isn't the name of a math-rock band already, it should be.

Waxx

Major Contributor
If it's only for the looks, I like big wooden speakers like these custom build by the japanese builder Moriyama-san for his workshop/bar/... in the Toho village in Fukuoka, Japan. Both the OB (on top) and the cabinet (below) are a MTM with old JBL drivers i thought (altough little info is giving about them). I have no id how they sound, but they look gorgious...

10.png

5ppksa2939t51.jpg

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It has been done, it's basicly a pair of 15" woofers crossed low to a big compression driver that does the mid-high and then crossed to a supertweeter. Mid and supertweeter are hornloaded. There are some clones or almost clones made in the past by people, google them.
In the Polish press it is described as the most perfect instrument for playing music. I know, marketing, but maybe a grain of truth in it?

Kling75

Forum Donor
Price probably kills? ;)
TBD, i think you got that right......The Brand demands outrages Prices. The Asia Market goes crazy for swiss Brands (CH Precision, Nagra, Soulutions etc) all of them sells 70% to Asia Customers...

I mean Goldmund selled a DVD Player for 200`000 USD

Top Bottom