• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 189 85.1%

• Total voters

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Which filters were selected?

JSmith
Default ones. I cannot hear the difference between them (maybe there is something but in blind test i failed) so don't play with them.
Topping was just a bit clearer.
Of.course the change was not big but still.

As @JohnYang1997 said. Dx5 has better headphone output performance. And I believe you can hear that. At least I was able to hear the difference.

pma

Major Contributor
Some loop issues in the RCA out measurements

1655240557141.png

GeekyBastard

Lol. Good luck.

Ps. Sorry for triggering you.
I won't disturb you anymore.
I forgot that it's SCIENCE
What kind of attitude is that?

Apparently you don't even want to discuss in the first place, if you just want to irritate others, then good luck to you too.:)

Reactions: VQR

audiofun

Default ones. I cannot hear the difference between them (maybe there is something but in blind test i failed) so don't play with them.

As @JohnYang1997 said. Dx5 has better headphone output performance. And I believe you can hear that. At least I was able to hear the difference.

This one is based on discrete components and performs worse than a chip. Discrete design needs a lot more efforts to make it right.
A20d has the same HP amp as Topping's DX5/EX5/DX3Pro+, and should perform better due to its 9038Pro. It's a little bit more expensive but the price is still very competitive.

At 85db@50mv the noise could be very audible on an IEM. DX3Pro+ is 89@50mv and I can still hear the circuit noise when using sensitive IEMs.
If you are driving insensitive phones there should be no issue.

cestmoi

Do you get the same problem with the DAC outputs of your A10d (e.g, A10d as a DAC for your Dx5)?

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Forum Donor
Do you get the same problem with the DAC outputs of your A10d (e.g, A10d as a DAC for your Dx5)?
I don't own dx5 and e50l50. I was visiting my friend. Comparison was made more like system vs system. Not particular outputs into the same amp - I had no desire to do so.

Last edited:

Carlo2AC

It is nice to see how tastes differ, i for one found this device quite attractive with its handle and whole layout :)!

The A20d looks even more better with that display, will you review the new A20d @amirm ?

What a great price too, reading the graphs it looks like the EX5 still has more power on 300 ohms no?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The A20d looks even more better with that display, will you review the new A20d @amirm ?
One is sent to me but I don't think it is here yet.

SlamTaz

Been lurking for a while and registered to ask this.

Between this sabaj for 299 and the loxjie d30 for 259, which would you choose and why? Thinking of finally embarking into this audio hobby :)

I'm a complete noob in audio science but love to listen to music and currently using edifier r1280dbs w/ a klipsch r12swi connected to the subout and also use my PC w/ peace/equalizerAPO from this site.

thanks in advance

Garrincha

I would prefer the Sabaj, as the headphone amplifier is more powerful and cleaner. The Dacs are transparent in both. The Sabaj has also XLR outs, which is preferable.
Been lurking for a while and registered to ask this.

Between this sabaj for 299 and the loxjie d30 for 259, which would you choose and why? Thinking of finally embarking into this audio hobby :)

I'm a complete noob in audio science but love to listen to music and currently using edifier r1280dbs w/ a klipsch r12swi connected to the subout and also use my PC w/ peace/equalizerAPO from this site.

thanks in advance

JensH

I see some mention the headphone amplifier, but I don't see any measurements.
@amirm Did you make measurements on the headphone amplifier output?

Veri

Master Contributor
I see some mention the headphone amplifier, but I don't see any measurements.
@amirm Did you make measurements on the headphone amplifier output?
WYDM? It starts exactly at "Headphone Amplifier Measurements"

PenguinMusic

One is sent to me but I don't think it is here yet.
Hi,

I'll wait for it.

As far as I am concerned, I must say that I love the looks of those devices.

Not sure I'll trade my actual devices (Aune x8 DAC + x7S HP amp) but would be nice to give those a look.

Regards.

Top Bottom