• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

ThierryNK

Looking at Kinki and Aelius, these are quite matchup for the X-SABRE. And what is the control of the sabre, no glitches? Have you used a trigger? I still consider this as only combo of DAC with streamer, which is worth of buying, but not sure if it is not better to go with a dedicated dac and Roon Nucleus. Thanks!
Hello
I said "no issues", it means no issues :). Volume control is OK as all digital volume controls in 32 bits and correct implementation. I never use triggers. I do not have yet tested external drives and I am not sure that I will do it. All modern DAC are coming with a network input. It is up to you do decide to use an external drive.
Regards

officialsm

Hi,
anyone do some tests with filters? Which one could be the best?
I'm not shure but 1 and 6 seems to be better than others.

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
There is a new firmware for X-SABRE 3, Build 048 but there is no info about it in @MatrixAudio website. Would be great to get the changelog to know what they are fixing in this new firmware.

rdaneel100

There is a new firmware for X-SABRE 3, Build 048 but there is no info about it in @MatrixAudio website. Would be great to get the changelog to know what they are fixing in this new firmware.
Hello everyone,
hope someone can help me: the remote Of my sabre 3 is not working; of course has batterys. Has anyone experienced that I
issue?

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hello everyone,
hope someone can help me: the remote Of my sabre 3 is not working; of course has batterys. Has anyone experienced that I
issue?

Go to Settings/Remote Address (11) and make sure to follow the instructions to setup the remote again. Most likely the remote address code got changed. Matrix Audio remotes have up to 5 address codes so if you have more than one MA device on your desk there is no conflict between remotes and devices.

rdaneel100

Go to Settings/Remote Address (11) and make sure to follow the instructions to setup the remote again. Most likely the remote address code got changed. Matrix Audio remotes have up to 5 address codes so if you have more than one MA device on your desk there is no conflict between remotes and devices.
Thank you Enrico, I tried several times, still does not work. Any other ideas?

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Thank you Enrico, I tried several times, still does not work. Any other ideas?

Was it working before and stopped or it is a brand new unit that came with a non working remote? Matrix Audio remotes come without battery, at least in the US so make sure that battery is inserted the right way:

IMG_2286.jpeg

Power cycling the X-SABRE 3 could help. Just unplug the power cable for 1 min, plug it back in again and turn ON your unit. That should clear any software related bug. If none of those steeps solve the issue, then I would contact @MatrixAudio and ask for help!!

Wunderphones

I've been looking around but can't find any description of how this DAC handles output volume. Is it just digital via bit reduction? Does anybody here know?

rdaneel100

Was it working before and stopped or it is a brand new unit that came with a non working remote? Matrix Audio remotes come without battery, at least in the US so make sure that battery is inserted the right way:

View attachment 212696

Power cycling the X-SABRE 3 could help. Just unplug the power cable for 1 min, plug it back in again and turn ON your unit. That should clear any software related bug. If none of those steeps solve the issue, then I would contact @MatrixAudio and ask for help!It

OP
enricoclaudio

enricoclaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Hey guys, Is Matrix x sabre pro mqa is as good as this if i dont need streaming stuff? Would love to see cheaper version of this whitout streaming stuff.

Check for yourself:

john_w

Great thread, @enricoclaudio. I'm brand new here after becoming addicted to reading amir's device measurements. The Sabre 3 seems to be what I'm looking for in terms of a streaming DAC. Without getting too far into the weeds, I'd like to hear some thoughts on why one might choose the Sabre 3 over the Element M2 since I'm having trouble deciding between these two. I plan to stream Tidal and I don't currently use ROON, nor do I stream from a local server, but I like the M2 I/O and its headphone amp. I also like the idea of room correction and I'm wondering the best way to introduce DIRAC with the Sabre or M2. Apologies of this is too off topic.

Top Bottom