• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Martinvb

3F4E0AA1-532A-4193-A4B3-14ABEA78E98D.jpeg

Just got back from my record store: some old (Pentangle, +/-1970, UK folk), some new (Groundation, 2022, reggae)… Real gems, and (still) sounding great!

Bleib

Major Contributor

600_OHM

OMG! Pentangle, the british folk scene? Thought I was the only one!

Just hours ago I was listening to Trader Horne and Judy Dyble, so cool in her black sunglasses.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Azathoth

iMickey503

Forum Donor
1654483814275.png

Album list/Song list for artist.

Another by the same artist.

His own music publishing site I think to get tracks from various services.

_____--------____----_____----_______---___--_--_-_-__---_____----_-_------______---__-__-__---____---__-__------____---_--
artworks-000190421011-4pv58y-t500x500.jpg

skeler x Ytho - Final Call [Yusoul Vol 2]​

Skeler - N i g h t D r i v e スケラー (Phonk x Wave)​

Juice WRLD - Conversations (Skeler Remix)​

Tetsuo (Original Mix)​

SKELR SOUND CLOUD:

__--_-____-__--_-____--__-___-_--------____--_--_-__-_----__-______------___-----_--____------____--__--_-__----____--

2wenty 7even - Rainbow​

ayyyco - Stranded​

SOUND CLOUD

---___---_--__-_-_-----___-_---_------____---_____---_-----_----_-_-----a-a-a--a-------___-----__-_____-_-----------____--_

Tokyo Tears - Veins​

Song​

Мама отпусти меня (Slowed Remix) (Slowed Remix)

Artist​

Masha Hima

Album​

Мама отпусти меня (Slowed Remix)
Believe Music (on behalf of Masha Hima)

Мама отпусти меня (Slowed Remix) {Na - Mama Let Me Go (Mama Let Me Go)}English

Same ish but better video

Soundclouds

---___---_--__-_-_-----___-_---_------____---_____---_-----_----_-_-----a-a-a--a-------___-----__-_____-_-----------____--_

The SONGS I can't stop listening too. Its like a drug if I did them.

Eryn Martin - Ball​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfcFOYk3ldE

jessaudrey - e x i s t​

600_OHM

Some of those basslines are truly unbelievable.

You know I'll hear some of the British folk work their way into early Jethro Tull, even Steve Winwood and Traffic. There's a definite influence or comradierie going on.

In an alternate universe, I'll bet that Sandy Denny could front for Tull and rock the house. :)

Martinvb

Some of those basslines are truly unbelievable.

You know I'll hear some of the British folk work their way into early Jethro Tull, even Steve Winwood and Traffic. There's a definite influence or comradierie going on.

In an alternate universe, I'll bet that Sandy Denny could front for Tull and rock the house. :)
Definitely! It is how small the musical circles were of people in those days, in which freely experimenting spirits (much less preoccupied with a commercial drive than nowadays) could produce a whole new sound that could define a new generation. I have a lifetime fascination for King Crimson and it’s founder, Robert Fripp. It now turns out that he also was connected to the Pentangle bubble. And indeed, you can hear many similarities (although I believe he really took off when he started working with the likes of Bowie and Eno).

Waxx

Major Contributor
To this, the winner of the Queen Elisabeth contest for Violincello (aka Cello) in the "Palais des Beaux Arts (Palace of beautifull arts) in Brussels last week. I followed the whole final week of the contest on TV (it was broadcasted live) This Korean celiste Hayoung Choi was for me by far the best contestant and i was not alone with that opinion as she won the first price. They were all playing on a very high level altough (as the selection is very rigurous in the first rounds). In the final round she played a ridiculous good concert with the compulsory work "5 Albumblätter" by Jörg Widmann (a custom composition for this contest) and the concerto of her choice, the "Cello Concerto" by Witold Lutoslawski. This performance should be soon availeble on cd, at least that happens each year with the best performances. The Orchestra is the Brussels Philharmonic and the conductor is Stéphane Denéve (France). The video is recorded by the RTBF (the french language part of the Belgian national television) and was broadcasted live on the national television in all parts of Belgium.

(click on the video of the final, i can't link direct from this site).

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom