• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

WoodyLuvr

@Dominique-T @Oukkidoukki @Nango
I checked it, the khadas tone board is USB-OTG compatible

My phone is oneplus5, android 8.1
my khadas tone board is vims edition

I think that the generic edition should be compatible too.
I too can confirm that the Khadas Tone Board is OTG compatible with my Huawei P10 Plus on both Android 8 Oreo and 9 Pie. I have the generic version.

wyrainer

My 3D printable case is done.

but made a little mistake, I must correct it and print a new one

微信图片_20181127210633.jpg
微信图片_20181127210638.jpg
微信图片_20181127210642.jpg

SemperUnum

New member here.

Due to this site I got myself a Khadas Tone Board too, so thank you all for the measurements and other findings!

Before I received the Khadas Tone Board I used an iFi iDac2 for my stereo, the iFi iDac2 will now be my headphone amp until my Topping DX3 pro will arrive.

My 3D printable case is done.
That looks pretty nice! One question though: the Khadas Tone Board can become quite warm over time (even in stand by). Do you think that this case will give enough ventilation/heat exchange to cope with that?

wyrainer

New member here.

Due to this site I got myself a Khadas Tone Board too, so thank you all for the measurements and other findings!

Before I received the Khadas Tone Board I used an iFi iDac2 for my stereo, the iFi iDac2 will now be my headphone amp until my Topping DX3 pro will arrive.

That looks pretty nice! One question though: the Khadas Tone Board can become quite warm over time (even in stand by). Do you think that this case will give enough ventilation/heat exchange to cope with that?

thank you for reply

Yes, I think it will.

Because there are several opening on the top plate

微信图片_20181128094352.jpg

Last edited:

Ben1987

Audio Company

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I got the Vim edition; I might get the Vim board in the near future

The Generic Edition should still fit the DIY case by itself, correct?

The Generic Edition has more clearance than the VIM edition?

Jave

Any THD+N vs FR graphs of the Khadas Tone Board?

Jave

Here is the S/PDIF input performance. You activate it by just hooking up a USB power supply to USB port. I used the little switcher Wesion sent me.

What switcher did Wesion send?
If you use USB and COAX both from the PC, will it automatically opt for the USB as data input as well?
Thanks!

WoodyLuvr

What switcher did Wesion send?
If you use USB and COAX both from the PC, will it automatically opt for the USB as data input as well?
Thanks!
Here you go, from @TimW's post awhile back in this thread... I can also confirm the same happens with my generic unit ;-)

...I was pleasantly surprised to find that the board automatically switches between its two inputs, with usb taking president. For instance if I am playing something with the SPDIF input and then start playing something on the usb input it will quickly switch to usb. If I then pause the usb input it will wait for a few seconds and then switch back to the SPDIF input. Initially I tried this with a powered usb hub and it did not switch back to SPDIF so that's something to be aware of...

OldMold

Here you go, from @TimW's post awhile back in this thread... I can also confirm the same happens with my generic unit ;-)

This might be a silly question then, but will there be two separate playback options in the Windows sound menu (1 for USB and 1 for SPDIF) with both cables connected to the PC?

Just making sure I understand it correctly. Much appreciated!

bunkbail

Forum Donor

rdodev

I received my Tone Board today. I've got to say I'm impressed. The unboxing experience was _surprisingly_ good. Really neat box and components inside well tucked away and organized. I'm also very pleased with its performance thus far; makes my whole stack super transparent end to end and what else can an audio enthusiast ask for :)

helloworld

I received my Tone Board today. I've got to say I'm impressed. The unboxing experience was _surprisingly_ good. Really neat box and components inside well tucked away and organized. I'm also very pleased with its performance thus far; makes my whole stack super transparent end to end and what else can an audio enthusiast ask for :)
make sure to flash the lastest dfu to get the hardware volume control in volumio.

bunkbail

Forum Donor
Just received my Khadas DAC. I'm blown away! Best €100 spent ever...
I'm envious of you guys. Mine still hasn't arrived yet, I've been waiting for 30 days now. FeelsBadMan

Veri

Master Contributor
I'm envious of you guys. Mine still hasn't arrived yet, I've been waiting for 30 days now. FeelsBadMan
Sucks bro what does the tracking indicate? If you ordered from Ali make sure to make the dispute before the button disappears just to be sure, otherwise it's a biggg hassle to make a complaint after that initial window.

bunkbail

Forum Donor
Sucks bro what does the tracking indicate? If you ordered from Ali make sure to make the dispute before the button disappears just to be sure, otherwise it's a biggg hassle to make a complaint after that initial window.
I inquired them on Facebook which purchase option should be the fastest to ship to my country and they said ordering directly from the website should take 15 days at most to arrive (with the free shipping option) and I did just that. But somehow the shipment lingered around China for 2 weeks before it actually being shipped out lul. I made a complaint to their customer support and their follow-ups were very thorough. They called my local courier company, kept me updated on the shipment thru email, Facebook and even WhatsApp. I'm really impressed with their customer service. I should be receiving the shipment within a week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom