• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha R-N803 Smart Receiver Review

Overseas

Major Contributor
Officially discontinued.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417_124811_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220417_124811_com.android.chrome.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 166

tamcir

I think this is good news. Perhaps a new 2-channel lineup is coming.
I agree - they might be comign up with a new line up, but.... i imagine it will be a lot more expensive

I been trying to find a 2-channel with decent connections (ethernet/optical + amp/speakers out for 2 ceiling speakers).
I dont need state of the art, because its mostly for background /in-ceiling speaker sound, but need somethign capable of connecting to apps/network and getting optical for TV output as well... sure, plenty out there for $2/3k.. but in the hundreds? not a lot

where I live the WXA-50 is always sold out. and when it came back in again, on amazon, it was almost double the price. that kinda leaves this R- N line-up.. im very tempted to go for a good deal on a 602 even though its old... my fear is that, yes a new line-up will come.. but much more expensive given all is on the rise

Jake Cushing

Level meters are nice. Silver version has the black strip now for the dig readout. Think I prefer the all-silver look of the previous edition, it's more classic looking.

Now with toroidal transformer...

Edit: And the price is $EU3500! This is not an RN803 replacement. There is also this lower end one but it lacks the controls of the 803 and is probably lower power spec.

Looks like those who got the 803 did well overall.

Last edited:

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
There are still a few of these available new. I just ordered the last one from Music Direct but Adorama has at least one.

Amartin

Hey everyone.. i wondered if some kind soul who owns a Yamaha R-N803 could look at their Ypao microphone and give me a part number? Ive lost mine and its near impossible to find a ref of which is the correct one for the N803..any help appreciated thanks in advance!

Top Bottom