• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DSP FX

shuri

Good day,
I've got my KEF Q100s in nearfield and room EQ'd to my preferred room curve and it's great.
When I used headphones I experimented with some crossfeed and reverb stuff and it got me thinking to try reverb on this setup,
I have a nearfield setup and listen at quite low volumes, I don't believe that my room is effecting the sound too much, apart from LF anyways. I don't believe it would be too nonsensical to have additional DSP room reverb.
Right now i'm using dragonfly reverb with "percussion hall" effect, and it definitely makes music sound more airy and pleasant I think, or maybe there's just room for improvement in my FR
Any other madmen using effects like these? Suggestions on reverb plugins?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
… ideally you want a player, which allows you to incorporate VST or VST3 plugins, but I dont know which player can do that. Maybe Moode or Volumino. There are tons of free reverb VSTs.

I have a DAW (Ableton Live Suite, but not for your use case ;-)). Ableton as well as any other DAW has tons of effects including all kinds of reverb and delays etc. but this is not well suited to listen to playlists or streams. Of course you can listen to eg Wav or any other music file, but you need to import it / open it first.

Of course you can try a DAW, just to find out, if adding reverb to your music is what you like. I believe most DAWs have a trail version or a Lite version which often comes for free with some Audio interfaces eg Focusrite.

Alternatively get one of those guitar reverbs and plug them into your audio chain. Usually a bit more expensive and less flexibel (unless you get a digital one or a model amp).

Maybe others know of more elegant, less cumbersome solutions.

Last edited:

kthulhutu

Good day,
I've got my KEF Q100s in nearfield and room EQ'd to my preferred room curve and it's great.
When I used headphones I experimented with some crossfeed and reverb stuff and it got me thinking to try reverb on this setup,
I have a nearfield setup and listen at quite low volumes, I don't believe that my room is effecting the sound too much, apart from LF anyways. I don't believe it would be too nonsensical to have additional DSP room reverb.
Right now i'm using dragonfly reverb with "percussion hall" effect, and it definitely makes music sound more airy and pleasant I think, or maybe there's just room for improvement in my FR
Any other madmen using effects like these? Suggestions on reverb plugins?
Nice find, this reverb is actually not bad.

jae

Major Contributor
What player are you using? Foobar has a bunch of effects plugins and also has VST support

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I use one of the Pro Logic II "soundfield" settings on my AVR to get delayed reverb in my rear speakers. I like the sound of a good-large room and I like to pretend I'm in a theater or concert hall! :p (Even though I listen to rock which isn't normally played in a concert hall).

kthulhutu

I use one of the Pro Logic II "soundfield" settings on my AVR to get delayed reverb in my rear speakers. I like the sound of a good-large room and I like to pretend I'm in a theater or concert hall! :p (Even though I listen to rock which isn't normally played in a concert hall).
Sounds like you've made a Haas kicker.

Top Bottom