• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your Favorite Loudspeakers of all time whether you owned them or not

forss

I would like to know what Your Favorite Loudspeaker of all time is whether you owned them or not

Can be more than one Brand

and I will kick it off with my favorites

B&W 801 , Quad ESL-63 , Bose 901 , Klipsch La Scala , and several That were DIY speakers .....was fun to build speakers

Last edited:

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Quad ESL 57

MBL 101E

Devore O/96

(I've been lucky to own a few of my favourite all time speakers as well - Thiel 3.7, MBL 121, Joseph Audio Perspectives, among them)

DSJR

Major Contributor
Crown esl hybrids from the 70's, I
MF RSPM (any),
active ATC three ways (200A's blew my mind),
Spendor BC3's (way outclassed now but effective),
Quad 57's despite the flaws,
Apogee Duetta Signatures (Scintilas too big foir UK rooms but this model when new were incredible I remember - all worn out now I suspect.
Early Naim tri-amped active Linn Isobariks - very room dependant but a good pair in a room they liked were absolutely wonderful.

Loads more to hear...

Jim Shaw

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have a downstairs room partly devoted to unconnected, redundant HiFi speakers. The collection contains Polks, Pioneers, KLHs, and a pair of Advents.

In the present operation are a pair of Elac DBR62s in the living room, used for some critical listening. In the bedroom are a pair of Klipsch RP600Ms that never made the cut for critical listening. Bought on the recommendation of some YT guy named Steve, perhaps they are good for Led Zeppelin or Metallica. (Not my cup of espresso.)

After over two years of use, the DBR62s are keepers. Amir's recommendation sold me. While they don't get very loud without audible compression, they are honest. Good recordings sound very good indeed. They are supported by two JBL powered subwoofers that do the heavy lifting below about 70 Hz.

As an aficionado of pipe organ music (among everything else), I appreciate the two octaves of real music below 64 Hz.

tw 2022

Honestly.. The old infinity crescendo's(3006's) i adopted from a " street surfing" situation...at least their the best ***free*** speakers I've ever heard...

dfuller

Major Contributor
ATC SCM100ASL Pros are pretty damn amazing.

Vintage57

Forum Donor
Neumann KH420’s

barfly

Love my current Egglestonworks Rosa, had to find speakers that were not too big (WAF), at 210 lbs a piece very happy with final placement after 6 months of off and on minute position changes.

Zvu

JBL 4355 in a small room
Kii Three in a large room

Dilliw

Bose 601 Series II. If I listened to them now I probably would think I was just being nostalgic, but back in the 80s I loved how they made my apartment sound.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Sonus Faber Stradivari 35th Anniversary Edition

468041973_0_g.jpg

Top Bottom