• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Considering getting a DAP or better android dongle

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I feel all recommendations regarding LG V60 need to take this into consideration then. Not because Amazon Music is so important, but because LG's capability is still limited by Android in general.
The other way to look at it is that Amazon appears to be a hot incompatible mess. Had it, dropped, it has no serious advantage over other services and lots of issues. Why bother.To save $4 month? A rhetorical question.

ClassicGuy

The other way to look at it is that Amazon appears to be a hot incompatible mess. Had it, dropped, it has no serious advantage over other services and lots of issues. Why bother.To save $4 month? A rhetorical question.

I am looking at it this way. If the only way to obtain bit perfect from LG V60 is through UAPP, we can achieve the same with most Android devices with the Apple dongle (UAPP also solves the volume issue). So the advantage is no longer there for the LG V60.

staticV3

Master Contributor
LG phones will also bypass the Android resampler through their own, native Music player afaik

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I am looking at it this way. If the only way to obtain bit perfect from LG V60 is through UAPP, we can achieve the same with most Android devices with the Apple dongle (UAPP also solves the volume issue). So the advantage is no longer there for the LG V60.

Depends what you value. I like 70hrs battery life, headphone jack/expandable storage which is mostly not available on other devices. None match the battery life. It's also a nice phone.

ClassicGuy

Depends what you value. I like 70hrs battery life, headphone jack/expandable storage which is mostly not available on other devices. None match the battery life. It's also a nice phone.

Totally agree that if you buy it for a phone instead of a pure streamer, the value proposition is quite different.

Top Bottom