• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The JBL Stage A180 small tower speaker is at the incredible low price of $99 each including shipping.
I ordered a pair at $99 each. Amazing price if they perform.

gkoop

So great you ordered these! I for one would love to see the JBL Stage A180 reviewed - the $99 price, shipped, does seem incredible.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

RichVelvet

Thanks amirm and tw 2022!

Thanks to amirm's review of the JBL Stage A130, I tried to buy a pair of A130s when the were listed on Google at $88 plus tax shipped from Harman Audio. The price went to $199 when I tried to complete the order. I impulsively bought a pair of A120s instead from Harman for $72 plus tax shipped. The reviews weren't great for the A120s, and I thought I should get something better for a desktop setup, so I returned them unopened to Harman a few days ago.

Thanks to tw 2022, I ordered a pair of Stage A190s at $124.32 each plus tax shipped. The pair arrived this morning via freight delivery on a palette, shrink wrapped and intact. I'll probably set them up in our large family room.

I look forward to seeing amirm's review of the A180s. This is a great website and community!

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
dang, literally just had them in my cart at $99 each and now they are showing 399 each. Guess the deal ended

EDIT: just got them for $99 each, something was with the whole cart thing for about an hour. Also, had a thought- they might be fairly new but the black finish is on sale, not the wood finish that they highlight in the product page- maybe they are transitioning from the one to the other.

Last edited:

Smitty2k1

US versus European pricing on several brands have a huge gap, especially Dali, Wharfedale, and Monitor Audio. I've contemplated how to bring back some Wharfedale's in my luggage coming back from London
Sometimes you can order things from amazon.de and pay the $100 in shipping and still come out way ahead

tw 2022

Thanks amirm and tw 2022!

Thanks to amirm's review of the JBL Stage A130, I tried to buy a pair of A130s when the were listed on Google at $88 plus tax shipped from Harman Audio. The price went to $199 when I tried to complete the order. I impulsively bought a pair of A120s instead from Harman for $72 plus tax shipped. The reviews weren't great for the A120s, and I thought I should get something better for a desktop setup, so I returned them unopened to Harman a few days ago.

Thanks to tw 2022, I ordered a pair of Stage A190s at $124.32 each plus tax shipped. The pair arrived this morning via freight delivery on a palette, shrink wrapped and intact. I'll probably set them up in our large family room.

I look forward to seeing amirm's review of the A180s. This is a great website and community!
Congrats.. Nice pick up..even if you don't like them they'll be easy to sell locally at no loss.. My guess is you'll probably be very happy with the speakers at that price though...

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
US versus European pricing on several brands have a huge gap
This (overall?) pricing disparity you speak of: Is it to the benefit of the Europeans or the Americans?

tw 2022

US versus European pricing on several brands have a huge gap, especially Dali, Wharfedale, and Monitor Audio. I've contemplated how to bring back some Wharfedale's in my luggage coming back from London
If you do , grab me a pair of evo 4.2's...

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

dfuller

Major Contributor
They took my speaker and went dark! I sent them an email a few days ago and no response! Is Behringer this bad with customer service?
In short? Yes.

valerianf

Micca Covo S
It is the smallest co-axial speaker available.
Is it suitable for desktop use or Atmos ceiling speaker?

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I also think this is a bit too low, you probably want about $250 a piece. But I hope to be proven wrong.
I'm thinking the same price range AND that they should sound pretty good on their own but be able to be paired well with a relatively inexpensive sub (or 2)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not that I would prescribe a "soundbar' to anyone, I wonder if testing a few current top-seller soundbars would either make me change my mind or set the record straight, once and for all...:confused:
Check Rtings meanwhile.

cavedriver

This (overall?) pricing disparity you speak of: Is it to the benefit of the Europeans or the Americans?
Benefits the Europeans I suppose since they are able to buy the speakers for much less than us Americans. But they are European made speakers so I guess it makes sense they would be cheaper in Europe, just amazing how much cheaper. For example, the Wharfedale EVO 4.2's mentioned are 650 Pounds every day at Richer Sounds (even in uber-expensive London), but $1200 in the US. At current US exchange rates the UK price is equal to $800. As Americans we can also get some vendors to cancel the VAT tax, which brings the UK price down even further. I would really like to see Amir review that speaker, btw. If I get some I'll also be lending them to Dennis by prior arrangement so we can compare them to his Philharmonics. :)

Reactions: EJ3
Top Bottom