• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

cheapmessiah

I'm kind of interested, wonder how much more will it cost over the current version.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder if they will ever release a 10 band PEQ version
With every announcement I cross my fingers, but not there yet....

@MC_RME I wonder if using a more powerful processor would cost x margins more in the few dozen euros more, or more like hundreds more? Or is the problem PCB area (I assume not, since cell phones have tiny and very powerful processors, but what do I know). Thanks.

Last edited:

Aerith Gainsborough

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Neat, but what cans would need such power / odd connectors?

storing

Forum Donor
Well ain't that just typical. Been waiting a decade to buy a new adc/dac, get a top of the line product, couple of months later a new version comes out :facepalm:

I wonder if they will ever release a 10 band PEQ version
Or even just 6, or 7, whatever still fits the CPU headroom.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well ain't that just typical. Been waiting a decade to buy a new adc/dac, get a top of the line product, couple of months later a new version comes out :facepalm:

Or even just 6, or 7, whatever still fits the CPU headroom.
If you don't know, the latest firmware allows to save bass and treble presets, unofficially making the ADI-2 a 7 band PEQ DAC.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In short, having independent 3/4 outputs would allow the ADI-2 Pro to implement high-pass / low-pass into its outputs for speakers + sub. That would be very nice!

reasons

This thing needs to come out sooner then later. I need a new amp/dac and now I don’t want to buy until this.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you don't know, the latest firmware allows to save bass and treble presets, unofficially making the ADI-2 a 7 band PEQ DAC.
Did RME release additional documentation... I imagine they did... To cover this new feature?

Trell

Major Contributor
Did RME release additional documentation... I imagine they did... To cover this new feature?

RME updates the manual for each firmware release when features are added or changed. So head over to RME website and download the manual.

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You've been able to use the treble and bass slots for some time... What has changed?
You know there is an official RME forum with announcements, downloads and documentation, right? There you can find all answers.

Top Bottom