• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moondrop Chu

raif71

Major Contributor
I got my chu and I bought the kxxs at discount few days ago... the shop that I went to decided to do away with his last kxxs stock. Anyway my impression after listening to both back and forth... the chu sounded shouty and a bit high on the treble after getting off from kxxs. Nonetheless, I enjoyed kxxs more than the chu. However the chu is still tolerable due to its price point.

deniall83

I sent them a message and they replied.

I extended and not long after they shipped it. May be worth giving them a nudge :)
Thanks. Have messaged them twice already. They just keep saying "please wait longer".

staticV3

Master Contributor
Mine was shipped out two weeks after ordering

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Mines shipped only a couple days after ordering (on April 9th) and arrived in two weeks, but I ordered from Shenzhen Audio's store on Amazon.fr, not directly from their website. Does that make any difference ?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Mines shipped only a couple days after ordering (on April 9th) and arrived in two weeks, but I ordered from Shenzhen Audio's store on Amazon.fr, not directly from their website. Does that make any difference ?
Quite possibly . I ordered direct from Shenzhen audio site on 19th April. Not yet shipped.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Perhaps as a way to keep their ratings high on Amazon ?
Anyway, they really don't feel like a $20 build to me. Really nice on that end.

MCH

Major Contributor
Ordered from amazon.de april 16, suposedly shipped yesterday sunday (?). Still expected june 1-26). Not a big deal though.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps as a way to keep their ratings high on Amazon ?
Anyway, they really don't feel like a $20 build to me. Really nice on that end.
Or possibly they had already shipped a pallet to their EU /French depot so could fulfil direct. They do that with some of the more high demand products.

Basjebas

Just arrived in the Netherlands. Too shouty and light on bass for me. Need heavy eq with Qudelix-5K. I will try other tips.

Attachments

• 3F893875-9DAB-4309-B0B8-52EDD705D73A.jpeg
    3F893875-9DAB-4309-B0B8-52EDD705D73A.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 223

Tequila Sunrise

Sadly most IEMs (the live monitor style) aren’t comfortable to wear for me (pushes on my “crus of helix” and hurts after 5min), the basic style of in-ears which are shaped like a 7 and (like my 1More Triples) I have no issues with comfort. Sadly most all good in-ears are the monitor style. And I’m not shelling out for custom molds (especially as it seems none of the brands that do custom IEMs have ones that measure excellently).
Thieaudio has custom IEMs for $70 more than the
standard non-custom model.
Both are legacy and Voyager 3 models do a excellent job at a good price point.

raif71

Major Contributor
Comparing the kz dq6 and moondrop chu (almost same price point) ... I prefer the kz dq6 :)

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Got my Chu yesterday and today I am having my first listen with the Meizu dongle driving them. Tuning is indeed very, veeeery good. Clarity and resolution are also very good for this pairing, excellent 45 usd combo. I am happy and highly recommend both!

IMG_20220511_114436.jpg

Last edited:

fragzone

Is this to the Aria what the Aria was to the starfield (and what the starfield was to the KXX and on and on) ? Aka, cheaper and near identical sound wise with some refinements?

Bel Canto

Just arrived in the Netherlands. Too shouty and light on bass for me. Need heavy eq with Qudelix-5K. I will try other tips.
Have found that the spring tips have terrible bass, changed to other tips on my Kato and the bass improved dramatically. Tried some final audio tips on the Chu and the bass was immediately much improved. I'm no fan of spring tips and recommend trying other tips on the Chu.

RHO

Major Contributor
Have found that the spring tips have terrible bass, changed to other tips on my Kato and the bass improved dramatically. Tried some final audio tips on the Chu and the bass was immediately much improved. I'm no fan of spring tips and recommend trying other tips on the Chu.
I've tried the spring tips but even the L is way too small for me. Now using Xelastec ML. That improved things quite a lot.
Overall I think the quality is good, although for me the ear-gain is just a bit much.
I'll try some foam tips later to see if that helps.

RHO

Major Contributor
No using INAIRS Air2 foam tips, size L.
At least the little gems stay in my ears now.
Overall tonality didn't change much. Too hot in the higher mids and a little in the treble too. Bass is nice and full but can use a little boost. Cymbal hits are ... almost painful for me. This will get very fatiguing over time I'm afraid.
I have to say that this little driver seems to sound very clean.

Last edited:
OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No using INAIRS Air2 foam tips, size L.
At least the little gems stay in my ears now.
Overall tonality didn't change much. Too hot in the higher mids and a little in the treble too. Bass is nice and full but can use a little boost. Cymbal hits are ... almost painful for me. This will get very fatiguing over time I'm afraid.
I have to say that this little driver seems to sound very clean.
May try foam tips to absorb treble a little.

RHO

Major Contributor
I've seen a few videos on YouTube of people using another filter over the end of the nozzle to tame the upper mids and treble.
I think I'll be going to take the EQ route. It could be as simple as applying 1 high shelf filter.(negative gain)

RHO

Major Contributor
I had no luck fixing the tonality with swapping tips. (didn't really expect it to work, because it mostly influences the bass region) I tried Spinfit 240 L. The seal with those is great. The comfort is ...so, so ... (deep insertion).
So next tip-rolling attempts are experiments purely for my own comfort and fit.
I really need to find a good EQ that works with FB2000 on Android (Wavelet doesn't work). ...or get a better player on Android with PEQ integrated.

Top Bottom