• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

I just wish it had Asynchronus USB DAC like other wireless models did that would have completed them for me, still cool though

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Over 500 responses but has anyone participating in this discussion heard these yet?
I got a heads up from the very person who designed them, if that counts. :D

With that in mind, I have to congratulate Dr. Oclee Brown and his team on a new release. The best part will not be just this model, but all what has been learnt and experimented along the way that will reflect on future designs. :)

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
It’s ASR, we glare at charts, not listen to the damn stuff :facepalm:
EoFLa2kXIAAJLC3.jpg

You get used to it. I don't even see the charts anymore. All I hear is Genelec, K+H, KEF...

Arnas

I imagine this is ultimate speaker for small room... With room gain it will have enough bass in small room and being such slim towers it surely find space anywhere.
People who are dreaming about Blades, blades 2 and dont have large or medium room this is a dream come true!

Arnas

P.S cool guys compare it vs Kef Ref 1 meta.
If both are intended for Small room... Does this make Ref 1 obsolete?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
P.S cool guys compare it vs Kef Ref 1 meta.
If both are intended for Small room... Does this make Ref 1 obsolete?
Not to those wanting to keep their multi $€£ K DAC’s and amps ;)

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I imagine this is ultimate speaker for small room... With room gain it will have enough bass in small room and being such slim towers it surely find space anywhere.
People who are dreaming about Blades, blades 2 and dont have large or medium room this is a dream come true!
Bass is never enough. It can be good, but never enough.

Not to those wanting to keep their multi $€£ K DAC’s and amps ;)
I don't mind self-powered, I only wish they were as easy to integrate to an AVR as a self-powered subwoofer.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Over 500 responses but has anyone participating in this discussion heard these yet?
It’s ASR, we glare at charts, not listen to the damn stuff :facepalm:

That makes me curious. I wonder how many ASR members would feel they want to hear something like the LS60 before buying, vs feeling fully confident buying it just on the measurements.

(Though I'm not in the market for the LS60, I'm in the "even with measurements available I'd have to hear it for myself first" camp. I haven't personally been able to absolutely predict that a speaker will totally grab me only from the measurements).

Vacceo

Major Contributor
That makes me curious. I wonder how many ASR members would feel they want to hear something like the LS60 before buying, vs feeling fully confident buying it just on the measurements.

(Though I'm not in the market for the LS60, I'm in the "even with measurements available I'd have to hear it for myself first" camp. I haven't personally been able to absolutely predict that a speaker will totally grab me only from the measurements).
I would. Kef speakers have been quite consistent over the years and I have used several.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder how many ASR members would feel they want to hear something like the LS60 before buying, vs feeling fully confident buying it just on the measurements.
If I were in the market, I would buy these without listening to them based on the info available.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor

I would never buy a speaker without hearing it
I bought the kh120 "blind" only later to find out i like the Genelec "sound" more

LightninBoy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Given there is a "primary" speaker, does this mean that you have to have a wire connection going from the primary to the secondary speaker? If so, ironically these wireless speaker require more wires than a passive design.

Omar Cumming

All speaker ads show "wired" speakers without wires connected to the amp.

Here the "wireless" speakers require a power cord to the amp in the speaker and a connecting wire between the speakers, so not much different.

Cheers

pablolie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I'd want to listen to them - to see if I truly hear a positive difference right away. The advantage of new gear is that it is easy to do so - many let you return stuff if you're not convinced of stuff after trying it out at home.

With used gear, often you just have to buy it without the ability to return it. But if you do your homework, you'll have listened to the stuff elsewhere and know you like it - and also know you can resell it.

I have no doubt I'd like these - the only thing that gives me a bit of pause is the smaller "LSX-ish" UniQ. So yes, I'd want to listen to them prior to buying.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
according to their website: LS60 Wireless offers you the choice of wireless interspeaker connectivity or wired connection to maximise performance. You can use the low-latency intelligent wireless interspeaker connection for exceptionally reliable cable-free listening up to 24bit/96kHz or the wired connection with resolution up to 24bit/192kHz.

Top Bottom