• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

AwesomeSauce2015

I find strange that so many people are involved trying to guess something that will be revealed on a plate in a few days.

I don't understand the purpose of that though - to be able to say "i told that first"? :)

Well, it's because we want to know what it is as it seems really cool.
That and bragging rights...
And also the fact that I can't wait... lol!

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
There's a really good quality photo of them somewhere but i can't elaborate :cool:

Novak

Suspense is unbearable, I am almost pulling the trigger in the blind :cool: . Except if they look like the shxxty photo we have all seen :)

Last edited:

killdozzer

Major Contributor
both the KC62 and the Blade opposing woofers share the same tech and I'd say, size.
That's exactly why I proposed what I did. Opposing drivers are used in KC62 to go as low as possible and act like u sub. You can use the same drivers and set them to play woofer range, perhaps go down close to 30Hz and have great towers.
I doubt Kef wants to add that plus the amps for the Uniq array unless the price for the whole package goes really high.
No and they wouldn't have to. You need that power for max extension, if you don't need such a long throw, you don't need a 1000w. But it wouldn't need to go really high. Even if you add up retail prices it's 2xkc62 + a Wireless II it's roughly 4500$ throw in another 1000$ and it gives you enough room to put it all together.

I do think it's aiming for a large scale production of Baby Blade. A tower that goes low. It has that kc62 suspension and opposing drivers for clear and steady piston behaviour and excellent mids and highs from the UniQ.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Yes that was the discussion for the past couple of pages lol. The 3 possibilities are:
1) 4x5" drivers, normal 3-way. This places it neatly below the R11.

2) 4x6.5" drivers, normal 3-way. A.Blade 2 with a different cabinet. $6K for this seems too cheap to me but I could be wrong.

3) An LS50 with subs included, not a normal 3-way. This would have really good extension but not compete with the the normal 3-ways nor the Blade series. It's a different thing.

I didn't say anything about have to. I was just pointing out there is a 3rd possible arrangement that is not a normal Kef 3-way if they are using KC62 tech.

It's all just speculation obv. But obviously people want it to be a cheap Blade killer, lol.
I didn't say you said that, but when someone mentioned kc62 you went the way of thinking about UniQ + subs. So I was just pointing out you can use drivers at hand, already developed for kc62, but in a different role - woofers that go low and clear.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
I find strange that so many people are involved trying to guess something that will be revealed on a plate in a few days.

I don't understand the purpose of that though - to be able to say "i told that first"? :)
Oh come on. You can think of some more positive light to portray people here than "I told you so" crowd. It's the way to diffuse all this tension and anticipation. And it's a bit of fun.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
That's exactly why I proposed what I did. Opposing drivers are used in KC62 to go as low as possible and act like u sub. You can use the same drivers and set them to play woofer range, perhaps go down close to 30Hz and have great towers.

No and they wouldn't have to. You need that power for max extension, if you don't need such a long throw, you don't need a 1000w. But it wouldn't need to go really high. Even if you add up retail prices it's 2xkc62 + a Wireless II it's roughly 4500$ throw in another 1000$ and it gives you enough room to put it all together.

I do think it's aiming for a large scale production of Baby Blade. A tower that goes low. It has that kc62 suspension and opposing drivers for clear and steady piston behaviour and excellent mids and highs from the UniQ.
Part of the high cost of the Blades comes from the fact that they are artisan pieces, so yeah, mass scale should help reduce prices.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I do think it's aiming for a large scale production of Baby Blade. A tower that goes low. It has that kc62 suspension and opposing drivers for clear and steady piston behaviour and excellent mids and from the UniQ.
Mhhh. I would have thought that the KC62 Unicore woofers might be a bit too wide to fit into the perceived more narrow LS60 (at least unaltered). I might be wrong though.

How much longer can we speculate? Will it be revealed for sure this week?

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Part of the high cost of the Blades comes from the fact that they are artisan pieces, so yeah, mass scale should help reduce prices.
There was one other thing I wanted to say; I'm also in sales and what I see every day for as long as I've been in sales is that you're not taking away from flagship sales with affordable.

Expensive products sell affordable products. Flagship will build respect and you end up buying what you can. So, we usually say your eyes are fixed on expensive while your affordable is being wrapped up.

And people who buy Blade, don't look for a cheaper way out. The very fact something's cheap will make'em not want it. You don't wean someone off expensive by offering cheaper. People who want to buy expensive, will buy expensive.

I often tried to offer a rich person to buy a cheap product that offers the same quality, I never succeeded. After all my explanations and comparisons, they would just buy expensive.

It's a sort of birds of a feather, or rather, birds of a feather also have their products of feather.

Last edited:

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh come on. You can think of some more positive light to portray people here than "I told you so" crowd. It's the way to diffuse all this tension and anticipation. And it's a bit of fun.

Whatever floats your boat :)

Not trying to be party breaker...

Vacceo

Major Contributor
There was one other thing I wanted to say; I'm also in sales and what I see every day for as long as I've been in sales is that you're not taking away from flagship sales with affordable.

Expensive products sell affordable products. Flagship will build respect and you end up buying what you can. So, we usually say your eyes are fixed at expensive while your affordable is being wrapped up.

And people who buy Blade, don't look for a cheaper way out. The very fact something's cheap will make'em not want it. You don't wean someone off expensive by offering cheaper. People who want to buy expensive, will buy expensive.

I often tried to offer a rich person to buy a cheap product that offers the same quality, I never succeeded. After all my explanations and comparisons, they would just buy expensive.

It's a sort of birds of a feather, or rather, birds of a feather also have their products of feather.
I second your thoughts. If I could walk to a store and tell them to get me a pair of Blades as opposed to saving to buy them for x amount of time, I'd not even care for products that are "good for the price". If I can spend that money, I'll have issues deciding not on the KEF range, but on the super high end of different manufacturers.

I'll put myself as example: I am currently debating what electronics should I get to upgrade my system. I want to go separates and I still don't know if they'll be a McIntosh, Marantz, NAD or Anthem processor. For amps, I may go NAD, Apollon or McIntosh. I know I will have a quality piece on all the above cases but since price is a thing, I'd rather wait a bit to see what the year unfolds.

For speakers, I'll wait a year or two to see what KEF and Perlisten has to offer and see how much it will be.

If I had the cash to buy now, I would not have doubts.

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My thinking this morning: No KC62 components. No 5" woofers because four of them cost more than 2x6.5". If the report there will be 2 floor standers and a stand mount is true the R series will be phased out. See you later this week. When guessing the price, remember the enclosure is the most expensive component.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
My thinking this morning: No KC62 components. No 5" woofers because four of them cost more than 2x6.5". If the report there will be 2 floor standers and a stand mount is true the R series will be phased out. See you later this week. When guessing the price, remember the enclosure is the most expensive component.
The release of the LS50 did not phase out the R3, so I wouldn't be too sure.

To think of it, I haven't seen a multichannel system with ls50's, but I guess it is doable.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The release of the LS50 did not phase out the R3, so I wouldn't be too sure.
That's because the LS50 cannot even come close to keeping up with an R3, which is a very distinct functional difference.

Top Bottom