• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS 1000 Pro Series

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
I bought an SB. When I played a 20 Hz tone to test it, the china in my kitchen cupboards started rattling. I don't need more response than that.

I am thinking along the same lines as I also live in an apartment building. As mentioned in the review it does reach that low, just not with the same headroom and volume as the PB (which is to be expected of course) .

Plus I do think that the size of the SB is ideal. Micro subs might be even smaller but also cost double so this SB 1000 pro seems like a very well rounded option. I am probably pulling the trigger soon as well :D

falkin42

I guess my question is how the sealed boy compares to a Speedwoofer or Rythmik L12. I just want a smaller, cheaper unit that can do 20hz even if not loudly. My room is fairly small for now but opens to other rooms. I've been loving the spreadsheet that @sweetchaos made because I can sort by size.

Shives

Forum Donor
I guess my question is how the sealed boy compares to a Speedwoofer or Rythmik L12. I just want a smaller, cheaper unit that can do 20hz even if not loudly. My room is fairly small for now but opens to other rooms. I've been loving the spreadsheet that @sweetchaos made because I can sort by size.
I’m on the fence between the Rythmik lvx 15 I think it is, there recommendation for Ht and music. Which ok.. looking at the options to replace my SPl-120 with the SVS-1000 or pro, 1 or 2. And or starting with a Rythmik 15 for more, or waiting till the entry level units come in.
Stuck.

HoJ76

I have gone from a relatively expensive REL sub to two svs sb1000pro - and do not regret the change. These are pretty easy to integrate with my Magnepan speakers.

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
Today I received my sb 1000 pro as well. So far very positive impressions. One sub seems enough to saturate my space (about 25m2) with bass.
The amp plate seems to emit a high pitched sound that is a bit annoying. Othe people have mentioned the same on other forums.
Still some work to do on integration and finding the right position.

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
indeed you do forget about it once you set it up. I just thought I might have a defective unit at first. It is however a common issue apparently according to this reddit

Other than that, really satisfied with the how the sub performs even without proper integration yet. Headroom is larger than my space can tolerate which puts away any concerns about larger models. Really happy with the choice

Daverz

Major Contributor
The DSP in the SB-1000 Pro does add some latency. Has anyone measured this or seen a spec for it? I've tried measuring it with REW, but I think room modes are confounding my measurements.

@Ron Texas in another thread says 6 ms latency.

Last edited:

rcstevensonaz

Now that people have had time with the new SB-1000 Pro... is there any significant ("real-world") benefit over the SB-1000 other than DSP correction? Based on what I've read, there does not seem to be any meaningful benefit when using external DSP (e.g., miniDSP DDRC-24).

The Cyber Monday sale price is $499 for the White Gloss SB-1000 (with 5% discount for "dual). I will be pairing the dual subs with Focal Aria 906 speakers. My primary focus is music; they will also be used for movies, but that is not a part of the purchase decision.

vicenzo_del_paris

Forum Donor
Owning a sb1000 pro white gloss edition for the past 6 months, in a mixed hifi/HC setup.
At purchase time, I was hesitating between the 1000 (500€) and the 1000 pro (600€ and 4 weeks delivery).
I went for the pro version only for its remote control via the android app (not interested in DSP as I use an ddrc24 ahead in the chain).
The remote ap control is extremely convenient. Even if I do not use the app on a daily basis, it is extremely more convenient to use when doing mesures/setup/tests rather that running evening time to the back panel of the sub.
I also got the slight high pitched sound from the amp plate but only noticeable in a dead silent room at less than 20 cm from the sub. Not a real issue for me.
Getting a second sb1000 pro soon for more homogenous response accros the room!

stemfencer

The great performing monolith 10 THX used to be 500 euro in Europe and is now listed at 850 and not available.

The new SVS subs might be a good option for us on this side of the pond then, that want a reputable manufacturer and warranty. Size-wise it's also more compact which is a plus.

@hardisj any chance you will be reviewing this new duo?
Make a good point. Monoprice 10 is going for €600 and the SVS SB-1000 Pro going for around €700 at the moment.

Taking the Audioholics measurements (assume most apples-for-apples) seem pretty equivalent. SVS weighs 1/3 of the price, better manufacture support, better mid-bass performance at compromise of low end extension and performance (<30hz). For home theatre the Monoprice is probably still worth it but for music or general use, very compelling case for the SVS on value.

1645216203420.png

1645215602393.png

CrustyToad

Forum Donor
If someone has the space and doesn't mind the looks monolith can probably be a bit better.
But I very much appreciate the compactness of the svs. the performance and compactness together I think is a strong feature set for the svs, plus the 5 year warranty is hard to beat. Really happy with it so far

Smitty2k1

Finally getting my first sub in over a decade, a used SVS SB-1000 Pro. I'm pairing this with my bookshelf speakers for a 2.1 system running through a Marantz AVR with basic Audyssey MultiEQ without the app (NR1509).

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I should setup the sub in Audyssey vs. the SVS app? I assume I set the sub to some nominal settings, run Audyssey, and then tweak the bass with the SVS app since I can't use the Audyssey app?

Planning on doing the sub-crawl to figure out placement.

Willem

Major Contributor
Nothing beats proper measurement with REW and a Umik-1

Top Bottom