• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recoton RCA Cable Review (Ultra Cheap Cable)

Rate this cable

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 77 29.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 159 60.9%

• Total voters

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
You say that but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily correct. The fact that you are saying that and you are aware that you could use it as a weapon, might actually invalidate your assertion being judgment proof.

Judgment proof here typically means without the financial resources to be worth going after. If he has no assets they can get (assuming no fraudulent conveyance issues in anticipation of an action), that won't change because he is aware of it.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
You say that but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily correct. The fact that you are saying that and you are aware that you could use it as a weapon, might actually invalidate your assertion being judgment proof.
There’s a delightful twitter account called Bad Legal Takes. I wish they could see this.

EarlessOldMan

The question whether a party is judgment-proof is a question solely of that party's assets--not of the party's state of mind.

Technically, a party is judgment-proof if they don't have assets against which a judgment creditor could execute a judgment. Colloquially, a party is judgment-proof if they have so few assets that it's not worth the effort to try to execute on a judgment against them.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
Judgment proof here typically means without the financial resources to be worth going after. If he has no assets they can get (assuming no fraudulent conveyance issues in anticipation of an action), that won't change because he is aware of it.
Typically but it could also mean that the person is insulated for some reason, not just lack of assets. Also a judgment can still be obtained against them for any future assess not withstanding current lack of assets. Realistically nobody is going to do that but it is not unheard of.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
There’s a delightful twitter account called Bad Legal Takes. I wish they could see this.
Of course, of course, Twitter is such a wonderful platform for reason and good judgment. Lol

EarlessOldMan

Oops . . . I see that you beat me to the punch.

Your take is correct.
Typically but it could also mean that the person is insulated for some reason, not just lack of assets. Also a judgment can still be obtained against them for any future assess not withstanding current lack of assets. Realistically nobody is going to do that but it is not unheard of.
Well, you can have assets that a judgment creditor can't get to--one's homestead, sometimes a car, that sort of thing.

And, yes,
Of course, of course, Twitter is such a wonderful platform for reason and good judgment. Lol
You're not a lawyer, are you?

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
You're not a lawyer, are you?
Of course not.

But if somebody really had a desire and of course legal standing they could place a judgment, which could attach assets and be executable after say someone’s permanent vacation.

My only point was that if somebody,… and this was not directed at the poster because of course I didn’t think this. But if somebody had malicious intentions and just felt they could “go nuts” then protect themselves because of being judgment proof there’s always things that the aggrieved could look at.

EarlessOldMan

Of course not.

But if somebody really had a desire and of course legal standing they could place a judgment, which could attach assets and be executable after say someone’s permanent vacation.

My only point was that if somebody,… and this was not directed at the poster because of course I didn’t think this. But if somebody had malicious intentions and just felt they could “go nuts” then protect themselves because of being judgment proof there’s always things that the aggrieved could look at.
I'm not a physician, so I don't offer medical advice.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
... and soon to be even better! ;)
1651774210271.jpeg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Robin L

Master Contributor
Gwynneth Paltrow sells candles that smell like her Vagina, maybe Elon should create a line of scented products that smell like his balls.
I'm thinking that Craig Ferguson might be a better spokesman:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you aware that Beldon makes cables in many designs?
Yes, even MIL spec...
I also nixed MonsterCable when (few decades ago) they 'decided' that consumers did not need to know what "AWG" (dia.) cable they were purchasing.
Lucky for me, there is 'competition' in the cable market, even if the raw material may be sourced from Belden.
pure copper wire
Please define your "pure".

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, I must admit that I have never been a fan of Belden cables. I am also not a fan of some aluminum (spiral-wrapped) sheathing that pretends to be an 'effective' shielding material. Me thinx it may perform better as a poor "drain wire"... especially the Belden cable type with a thin mylar-like (used to be blue in color) insulating deposit. YMMV but I will forever abstain from the brand Belden.
Most of the interconnects fabricated by Blue Jeans Cable, including LC-1, are made with Belden-manufactured cable. LC-1 is my go-to, but I also have some 1505F. I really cannot find fault with these for home audio use.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
...and let's not confuse "pure copper" with the pure marketing hoopla of "oxygen-free" copper!
I was going to get to that next... but what I really wanted to know first was if "pure" was with 3 zeroes or 4!:facepalm:
There is also the cryogenic/thermo cycled copper that needs to be discussed.:cool:

Top Bottom