• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Tell me it's not beautiful
View attachment 144448
In this thread I have seen some of the ugliest things in my life, in some cases I would have gouged out my eyes.
But apart from the really nasty stuff, I wonder how anyone could like those pieces of genelec plastic alluminium ... my god they are really awful, luckily they at least sound good

Last edited:
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
In this tread I have seen some of the ugliest things in my life, in some cases I would have gouged out my eyes.
But apart from the really nasty stuff, I wonder how anyone could like those pieces of genelec plastic ... my god they are really awful, luckily they at least sound good
It's much better than all the boring wood coffins design of traditional speakers
And as mentioned above not plastic at all

D

Deleted member 47224

I absolutely do not think those are beautiful, but maybe someone will ?

voodoo-pro-2-peopeo-2022.jpg.webp

Ra1zel

I hope subwoofers are speakers too, I really like subwoofers

Perlisten D215
image (1).jpeg

image002_1024x1024_2x_01f74eff-c973-47f5-82dc-95a4a94b102f_1024x1024@2x.png

Ra1zel

Göbel High End Divin Sovereign
göbel_high_end_divin_sovereign_subwoofer_review_matej_isak_mono_and_stereo_2021_2022_202300003.jpg

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
PXL_20220428_120206802.jpg

A marketing sensation and a eye pleaser too.

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Perlisten D215
View attachment 203209

View attachment 203210

I hate subwoofers. They are typically the ugliest of the speaker family - just big homely boxes taking up space, and I find they tend to make a room feel more cluttered-with-gear. (I was glad to get rid of my subwoofers especially for aesthetics).

Of course YMMV...:cool:
:)

DavidMcRoy

Do any of the panel type speakers perform well?

I've only heard panel speakers a few times at dealers, but I did enjoy the illusion, especially with drums and percussion, where something so "solid" can come form something so seemingly insubstantial.

With a pair of massive floor standing speakers with a baffle full of drivers, you kind of expect them to sound weighty and punchy, less so with a panel just an inch thick.

View attachment 95003
I have 40 years of Magnepan and Quad ESL ownership experience. I’m a retired audio production professional and I’m extremely picky. Planar speakers can be coaxed to work well, but it’s extremely and I mean extremely difficult to do. The way they interact with the room is a nightmare. I do find them all quite beautiful.

Among the alternatives, I have enjoyed concentric-driver designs, having owned Tannoy and KEF. My current front LCR speakers in my Dolby Atmos 7.5.4 system are a triad of KEF Q150s, DSPed to within an inch of their lives to tame their crazy cabinet resonances.

Last edited:

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Perlisten D215
View attachment 203209

View attachment 203210
I hate subwoofers. They are typically the ugliest of the speaker family - just big homely boxes taking up space, and I find they tend to make a room feel more cluttered-with-gear. (I was glad to get rid of my subwoofers especially for aesthetics).

Some subwoofers are deliberately different.

bw_pv1d_the_mobile.jpg

Robin L

Master Contributor

I got a rolling equipment rack from Borders Books* etc., power switch in the front, AC jacks in the rear. There's a SACD capable Sony BlueRay player on top, an inch of space then the Yamaha AVR sitting on top of the Sonus Son of Sub. The sub fits the rack like it was intended to, in a part of the room that otherwise would be of no use.

*given to me when the music was cut back.

DSCF5396.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom