• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need help with finding a usb C to 3.5 jack dongle

mixig96986

I need to buy a usb C to 3.5 jack dongle because my phone doesn't have a jack. I was looking for something max 15 euros, but searching them on amazon.it (i have to buy from here since im in italy) will just give cheap chinese no name dongles. the only recognisable brand is apple, but the cable looks super flimsy and fragile. Any help? Thanks

Count Arthur

Major Contributor

staticV3

Master Contributor
For 26€ you can get the Meizu HiFi (2Vrms, 113dB SINAD, 130dB(A) Dynamic Range).
Measurements are here (DR measurements are limited by my ADC)

F

freemansteve

An apple dongle is likely to be expensive for the performance you'll get and probably not robust and it's Chinese. I'd go with Meizu. Also Chinese, but probably higher audio spec than the ugreens (also Chinese) but which may be fine for the money.

Chinese is fine. Look at Topping et al...

antcollinet

Master Contributor
An apple dongle is likely to be expensive for the performance you'll get and probably not robust and it's Chinese. I'd go with Meizu. Also Chinese, but probably higher audio spec than the ugreens (also Chinese) but which may be fine for the money.

Chinese is fine. Look at Topping et al...
The apple dongle measures very well here:

BeerBear

If you get the Apple dongle, you need to find the US version (A2049). The EU version is significantly worse.
But even the US version requires using special software on Android, to get the full power.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just use a standard OnePlus dongle, I think it was an additional £5 when I bought my handset (OnePlus Nord). No idea how it measures but it sounds fine and drives my Etymotic IEMs loud enough.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The EU version is significantly worse
The EU version is ~35% quieter than the US version with loads >20Ω.
At higher loads the difference shrinks. (~27% quieter @15Ω, ~15% quieter @10Ω)
Apple_A2049_max_output_before_clipping_vs_load.png

In all other aspects the two dongles are identical.

Zek

Major Contributor
@mixig96986 There are 115 dongles reviewed here, maybe you'll find something that suits you ...

BeerBear

The EU version is ~35% quieter than the US version with loads >20Ω.
In all other aspects the two dongles are identical.
Good to know. 35% is still significant, but it's not as bad as I thought.

Do you happen to know if Android also limits the EU version the same way, requiring special software to "unlock" the full power?
In fact, does this depend on the device at all, or is it a general (EU) Android limitation?

Top Bottom