• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

MattJ

images

A paragon of understated beauty.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder with speakers for the most part IMO. Even guys like these appeal to someone out there :)

Attachments

• wavetouch grand teton 2.jpg
    wavetouch grand teton 2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 126

MattJ

You shouldn't show Dahlquist's unclothed. It is not done in polite society.

View attachment 200023
You know the first time I saw a picture of one of those in some audio magazine, I laughed and checked the date to see if it was April 1. They may sound good (never heard one myself), but they look like something a 5th grader put together for a science project.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You know the first time I saw a picture of one of those in some audio magazine, I laughed and checked the date to see if it was April 1. They may sound good (never heard one myself), but they look like something a 5th grader put together for a science project.
I heard these in the late 80's. They were good in their time.

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
images

A paragon of understated beauty.
Hahaha! OMFG! I didn’t realize that’s what was behind the lovely grills. Can any advanced speaker designers here chime in about that motley collection and location of drivers and whether it’s a good design? I have a bunch of drivers in individual boxes that I mix-and-match sometimes when I’m feeling experimental. It’s fun but I’m not sure it’s good (it’s good but maybe not great) sound.

Last edited:

MattJ

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder with speakers for the most part IMO. Even guys like these appeal to someone out there :)
th

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought we wanted to avoid the "cupped hands" sound!

Bleib

Major Contributor
The drivers don't look great but the enclosure is to my taste.
The spikes I wouldn't want tho..
Screenshot-2022-04-16-at-08-27-47-Heco-Aurora-1000-golvh-gtalare.png

Top Bottom